• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

i just couldn't resist .... oops ?

11bryces

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brice
Okay so i guess i did it again ... it is official, we have a new member in the family !
so now i have 4 tortoise, 2 cats, 1 dog, 2 parrots, a lot of fish and i guess i need to stop because the space i can offer them is limited and i don't see the point in getting more animals if i can't offer them a decent home. :grouphug2:

So now let me explain to you guys the full story:

yesterday morning i was at work, very busy washing a Leonberger when i got a call from a friend who's also a volonteer for the humane society; she tells me that there is a female siamese type cat that keeps coming to her work place (local grocery store near a very busy road) since more than a month, apparently the cat is always outside night & day and goes inside the grocery store asking employees for attention.:sad4:

She contacted every local shelters and asked everybody in the neighbourhood who the cat belongs to but unfortunatly she found nothing...
yesterday morning when she arrived at work ( at 4 am) the little siamese cat was waiting for her at the entrance of the grocery store like she does everyday and my friend's boss told her that he can't tolerate this cat any longer so the employee's morning task was to put rat poison everywhere to kill the it. :bash::angry101:

That's when my friend took action and cought the cat, unfortunatly she cannot keep her because she doesn't have any space left (she owns 7 rats, 2 chipmunks, 2 chamelon, 2 ball python, 1 ferret, 2 dogs, 4 cats, 2 tortoise).

So she called me and even though i knew it was not resonable to adopt her i though i would at least visit her to see if we have a connection ... well ... i went there today with a carrier just in case and now she is at my house lol :birdance::dancing::yahoo:
She went to the vet for a checkup and he told me he needs to sedate her in order to find out if she's neutered, she is around 1 year old, good health, a bit overweight (the store's umployees gave her way to much food), he gave me meds for ear mites and she got a few vaccin shots.

So Meet ........................ okay fine she has no name yet but we can't agree on one with my fiance yet
here's the current list:

1. Blue
  2. bloom
  3. midnight
  4. minuit (midnight in french)
  5. moon
  6. mimi (prononced meemee in french)
  7. mimine (pronounced meemeen in french)
  8. kiyoshi (purity in japanese)
  9. michi (pronounced meeshee which means pathway in japanese)
  10. kimiko (empress child in japanese)
Here she is:
DSC_0440.jpg

DSC_0372.jpg
DSC_0399.jpg
DSC_0382.jpg
DSC_0434.jpg
DSC_0389.jpg
DSC_0336.jpg

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
She’s so pretty! I like “Minuit” :)

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
I can't imagine that there's no one missing her! What a doll!!!

11bryces

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brice
Hello, she is gorgeous! I like the name kimiko as she looks regal in her poses..

welcome to your new home little one.. :heart:
you know what she does ! and she is such a sweetheart ! i mean she doesn't even know us and she already cries to stay on our lap !
so we have 1 kimiko and 1 minuit !

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Oh my goodness!

That cat looks so much like my Siamese ‘Mookie’ that passed away not so long ago. :heart:

She is absolutely beautiful:)

Congratulations!!!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
you know what she does ! and she is such a sweetheart ! i mean she doesn't even know us and she already cries to stay on our lap ! so we have 1 kimiko and 1 minuit!
I like Kimiko as well. Not even considering the meaning, she just feels like a Kimiko when you look at her picture and say each of the names. :pinklol3:

11bryces

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brice
I like Kimiko as well. Not even considering the meaning, she just feels like a Kimiko when you look at her picture and say each of the names. :pinklol3:
well that helps thank you ! that was one of my fiance's suggestion and i agree that kimiko is a pretty name !

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Siamese cats are so gorgeous

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
I have a cat that looks like a ragdoll.... I don't know if he is in fact a ragdoll, because he doesn't act like one.... but he certainly has the looks of one! And he, too, was a stray. Of course when people see my cat (or dog) they always remark about how pretty or gorgeous *she* is! (cat and dog are both males... :hehe:)

Great to find a wonderful snuggle bug! :)

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
Congratulations! What a beautiful kitty.

11bryces

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brice
Siamese cats are so gorgeous
yes they are indeed ! i have always been a big fan of siamese cat and never though i would ever get to care for one ! :bliss::bliss:

I have a cat that looks like a ragdoll.... I don't know if he is in fact a ragdoll, because he doesn't act like one.... but he certainly has the looks of one! And he, too, was a stray. Of course when people see my cat (or dog) they always remark about how pretty or gorgeous *she* is! (cat and dog are both males... :hehe:)
Great to find a wonderful snuggle bug! :)
a lot of people assume my american cocker spaniel is a male i don't know why ! can i see pictures of your cat ?

Congratulations! What a beautiful kitty.
thank you :bluhug:

Yoshi&Raphi

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Raphi
Shes so beautiful! Siamese cats are one of my fav types of cats, Its horrible that the boss tried to kill the poor thing there is so many bad people in this world.

Also I think the name Blue suits her idk why

11bryces

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brice
Shes so beautiful! Siamese cats are one of my fav types of cats, Its horrible that the boss tried to kill the poor thing there is so many bad people in this world.

Also I think the name Blue suits her idk why
yeah i just don't get why the boss couldn't simply call a rescue center or the humane society ! :banghead::ovract::rant:
im just so glad she is with me now ! i feel like she 's part of the family already :swoon::loveshower:

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Quick search, here's the thread about him and one image. :)

1574108426330.png