• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I Introduced My Parrots To Each Other....

PippinLovebird

Strolling the yard
I have been wanting a cockatiel for a while now, and a few months ago I asked if anybody thinks one would be okay with a lovebird. Most said No, and not to take the risk. But, I got a baby lutino cockatiel, and took the risk yesterday. Now.... They are great together!!! Pippin (the lovebird) is 7 1/2 years old and Sunshine (the cockatiel) is 3 months old. Pippin just doesn't like her on his cage. Here are some pictures...

:tiel2:Sunshine A.K.A. Sunny :rflb:Pippin

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
The third pic could be captioned "this is MY bowl..... If you dare touch it, you will feel my WRATH!"

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I asked if anybody thinks one would be okay with a lovebird. Most said No, and not to take the risk. But, I got a baby lutino cockatiel, and took the risk yesterday.
Why ask the board for our opinion if when we all gave the same opinion, you went against it?
You can do as you please but to post that question on the site for us to answer was a waste of our time don´t your think?

Pippin just doesn't like her on his cage.
If Pippin catches Sunny on his cage..... I don´t even want to imagine.

Maybe they will get along perfectly fine.... but what if they don´t? @Ripshod s bird killed the other in just seconds while he was right there, he didn´t even have time to get between them. It could happen.

Like I said, you can do as you wish with your feathered companions but I do hope you reconsider.
They can enjoy each others company in other ways.

PippinLovebird

Strolling the yard
Why ask the board for our opinion if when we all gave the same opinion, you went against it?
You can do as you please but to post that question on the site for us to answer was a waste of our time don´t your think?
Oh, I'm so sorry, I didn't look at it that way. I just wasn't sure how lovebirds were with other birds and wanted some advise, Even if they didn't get along, I would still kept Both birds because, parrots are my life!! Love them so much, as well as making sure they stay safe and happy.

PippinLovebird

Strolling the yard
Like I said, you can do as you wish with your feathered companions but I do hope you reconsider.
They can enjoy each others company in other ways.
I'm sorry, I don't really understand what you mean in this post... Reconsider?? :)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Even if they didn't get along, I would still kept Both birds because, parrots are my life!!
There´s no reason anyone can´t have the two. I also had two birds that didn´t get along but I kept both :)
It´s just the same as the Mac and Too owners that also own little birds, it´s all about management.

Reconsider??
Don´t underestimate your birds thinking ¨they seem friendly together¨. It only takes seconds for things to turn very bad.

I don´t mean to try and scare you or anything. I would just hate for anything to happen to your birds ❤

Beasley

Real Name
Maggie Beasley
I'm sorry, I don't really understand what you mean in this post... Reconsider?? :)
I also hope you reconsider allowing them to be out together. Nothing is worth risking the health and well-being of your birds.

PippinLovebird

Strolling the yard
I also hope you reconsider allowing them to be out together. Nothing is worth risking the health and well-being of your birds.
Of course, I will! And I never leave them out together alone! EVER!! lol. And I keep a close eye on them when they are out anyway. XD. If I leave one out and leave the room, I cover the other Parrots cage. Which, I Don't leave sunshine out alone yet since she is still a baby

Beasley

Real Name
Maggie Beasley
F3B3F99D-CC88-41B2-A68F-2804E34E9EB6.jpeg
I’m slowly introducing my 5mo and 1y lovebirds. This was yesterday and is the closest exposure I’ve ever allowed. Even between two lovebirds, things can go horribly wrong in an instant, there is no such thing as being too careful.