• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I im jennie from NH.

jenniemae

Moving in
Real Name
jennie currier
i have a free flighted flock of about 14 years old lovebirds! there my joy.. i might start crying but i really need help or advice..i have no hope in help unless i am seperated from them... so everyone is safe!.. im just in a mess!..i have lived in my town with my husband both of almost 30 years.. people walk there kids by to check out my jpy!.. but things (karma) whatever is coming to get me and my babies..

Yoshi&Raphi

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Raphi
i have a free flighted flock of about 14 years old lovebirds! there my joy.. i might start crying but i really need help or advice..i have no hope in help unless i am seperated from them... so everyone is safe!.. im just in a mess!..i have lived in my town with my husband both of almost 30 years.. people walk there kids by to check out my jpy!.. but things (karma) whatever is coming to get me and my babies..
What do you mean by karma is coming to get you and your lovebirds?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Hello Jennie,

What do you need help with?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome to the forum. Can you explain what's wrong?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez

jenniemae

Moving in
Real Name
jennie currier
im trying to find a place to live with a flock of lovebirds . they are old. im a mess over this.. but the home is just to far gone to live here.. i may have to bring them to GA to the sanctuary.. we cant buy a home right now, been here 25 years but things happened along the way... ive had game wardens, trappers, used all methods and although nothing can get in the barn, they are stressing just hearing there attempts.. nobody will rent to us cuz of the birds.. its just sad ... i cannot even find a singlewide with a heatable garage..

jenniemae

Moving in
Real Name
jennie currier
im trying to find a place to live with a flock of lovebirds . they are old. im a mess over this.. but the home is just to far gone to live here.. i may have to bring them to GA to the sanctuary.. we cant buy a home right now, been here 25 years but things happened along the way... ive had game wardens, trappers, used all methods and although nothing can get in the barn, they are stressing just hearing there attempts.. nobody will rent to us cuz of the birds.. its just sad ... i cannot even find a singlewide with a heatable garage..
my husband can get work anywhere, so if anyone knows of a suitable place , plz let me know.

jenniemae

Moving in
Real Name
jennie currier
Hi Jennie, how are things this morning?
trying to learn this site.. hope you all can read my replys.. . we are clean, i devote my life to them and my parrots. but its out of control . they are safe. but frightened. its a very long story,

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
:welcometrain:

I've always had animals, and I know the struggle with finding housing. I've had better experiences in rural areas, especially agricultural areas. They do not seem to advertise like their city/town counterparts, so I found myself driving a lot of rural highways and byways to find for rent signs, and stopping in the local shops and post offices and especially gas stations to look for bulletin boards.

Good luck!

jenniemae

Moving in
Real Name
jennie currier
:welcometrain:

I've always had animals, and I know the struggle with finding housing. I've had better experiences in rural areas, especially agricultural areas. They do not seem to advertise like their city/town counterparts, so I found myself driving a lot of rural highways and byways to find for rent signs, and stopping in the local shops and post offices and especially gas stations to look for bulletin boards.

Good luck!
thank you, yes i live in a very rural area.. the base of Washington nh. ive looked high and low, im disabled with agoraphobia/anxiety. these guys keep me going.. so i was in the works of starting a online vintage clothing shop, a 20 year collection from 30s to 90s.. so i looked for storefronts with perhaps a huge room, or commercial space. im having no luck

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
Maybe check newspaper ads from the towns you can't go to?

jenniemae

Moving in
Real Name
jennie currier
thank you, yes i live in a very rural area.. the base of Washington nh. ive looked high and low, im disabled with agoraphobia/anxiety. these guys keep me going.. so i was in the works of starting a online vintage clothing shop, a 20 year collection from 30s to 90s.. so i looked for storefronts with perhaps a huge room, or commercial space. im having no luck
does anyone think its wrong, or cruel to order a ton of cages and cage them, after being free flighted so long?. then i could make a part of my home were they feel safe, honestly there so old i often think they want to be caged, but love birds fight, and id have to be very careful placing some with others..? then were do i find a gazzillion cages ? at a reasonable price?.. in the beginning i adopted alot out only to hear a cat ate one, or it bit a kid and was let out a window, so many horror stories..

jenniemae

Moving in
Real Name
jennie currier
Maybe check newspaper ads from the towns you can't go to?
i will go anywere in the usa.. my husands job is in the engine tranny business and he works for big dealerships.. but we cannot buy a home for sometime, we hit hard times when our dad died right after taking out a loan to build a family business, home got behind trying to keep up, and we just cannot buy now..

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
I think it would be OK to cage them if it meant they could be in a safer place in the house. You'd need to let them out daily for exercise but you could let them out in shifts or in different rooms if needed.
Craig's list often has cages, and if you have a parrot rescue you can get to they often receive donated cages and have periodic sales. How many cages do you need?
Moving is such a pain, but if you wish to move, pick a place and start working the phones/internet. There are realtors that work with rentals and their motivation and helpfulness can vary, but boy if you connect with a good one, they are golden.