• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent I honk my budgie is sick polyurea?

Joe Henderson

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Joe Henderson
My budgie has been having a ton of urnine in his poops since last night like a lot of clear. Liquid, I don’t even think he drinks as much liqui do as. He’s squirtin an out. Normally I wouldn’t panic with a. Few poops like this but this is far. Beyond a. Few What can I do to help him until I brin an him in tomorrow I have an electrolyte medicine from my morning bird I have. Guardian angel also
Or thrive from morning bird

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Has he been eating more vegetables than usual? That can add extra liquid to their stools.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Stress is also a big cause of polyurea. So is bathing. One of my budgies has had it since he was 4 months old, yet he's completely healthy.
So sickness is not always the cause but if you can't pinpoint a cause and you're worried it'll be good to get a vet's opinion.

Joe Henderson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Joe Henderson
Nothing had changed that would make this happen I’m not sure what the vet can do I won’t allow a blood draw he had a clear gram stain maybe a urine analysis you said your bird has had this Sind 4 months ? Isn’t dangerous to poop out so much liquid.

Joe Henderson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Joe Henderson
Considering giving mil thistle/ dandelion root incase it’s the liver. But I believe the. Dandelion root is a. Fire tic and will make him pee more considering starting a course. Of probiotics

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Considering giving mil thistle/ dandelion root incase it’s the liver. But I believe the. Dandelion root is a. Fire tic and will make him pee more considering starting a course. Of probiotics
That is the cause. You are giving him a diuretic.

Joe Henderson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Joe Henderson
Stress is also a big cause of polyurea. So is bathing. One of my budgies has had it since he was 4 months old, yet he's completely healthy.
So sickness is not always the cause but if you can't pinpoint a cause and you're worried it'll be good to get a vet's opinion.
Your budgie has. Had. It since. 4 months? Isn’t. It dangerous to realsse so much urine?

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Your budgie has. Had. It since. 4 months? Isn’t. It dangerous to realsse so much urine?
Of course the extra work for his kidneys can have some long-term effect, but the vet can't find any reason for it. I can't restrict his water, thet would be unkind to him and the rest of the flick. There is a medication he can have, but that would have other more serious side effects used long-term. Lesser of two evils.

Joe Henderson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Joe Henderson
Of course the extra work for his kidneys can have some long-term effect, but the vet can't find any reason for it. I can't restrict his water, thet would be unkind to him and the rest of the flick. There is a medication he can have, but that would have other more serious side effects used long-term. Lesser of two evils.
Of course you can’t. Restrict it unless you jo what’s. Causing. It , since. I refused to take blood froom my guy we are trying to do a urine analysis. But when I brought him in of course he was not having any increased urine, so they gave me a syringe and a. Collection tube with hopes I can collect. A sample, if I cann the only option would. Be. To give. Sub q. Fluids so it’s easier to collect, but that. May dilute. The sample