• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures I have two Parrotlets HELP!

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
@Teagan Hall They aren't a big fruit eating species. Offer veggies with small bits of fruit and some berries. Neptune gets half a blueberries or a quarter of a raspberry from time to time, but he doesn't always eat them.

Carrots, silverbeet, peashoots, zucchini , broccoli leaves and pumpkin have been popular this week.

I normally offer around 7 options or more daily. 1-2 fruits options..in parrotlet tiny portion and berries sometimes. Dragonfruit is the most popular fruit..I think it is because it is a cactus, but they love it!

Oh also chillies can be offered daily and they love fresh capsicum and chilie seeds.

IMG_5166.JPG

Birdie Mama

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Hello and welcome!! I had a yellow American for 9 years and she was a rescue, but the most lovable and funny bird we ever had.

Check talkparrotlet.com site. It is a forum like this but all about parrotlets. Lots of great info so between here and there, your babies should live a very happy life.

I was looking for a green p’lett this time around but ended up taking in a green lovebird that needed re homing so I got green, just not the right species, but Kiwi is just as much fun! All the best to you and we love pics here!!! Keep them coming!!

Teagan Hall

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Teagan
Hello and welcome!! I had a yellow American for 9 years and she was a rescue, but the most lovable and funny bird we ever had.

Check talkparrotlet.com site. It is a forum like this but all about parrotlets. Lots of great info so between here and there, your babies should live a very happy life.

I was looking for a green p’lett this time around but ended up taking in a green lovebird that needed re homing so I got green, just not the right species, but Kiwi is just as much fun! All the best to you and we love pics here!!! Keep them coming!!
I'll take a look, thank you!
Haha i wanted an African Grey and ended up with these little beauties and two conures!
Snapchat-1553945465.jpg Snapchat-1560945452.jpg

Gribouille

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Hi! You have a big cage for them but it is unfortunately not bird friendly... I honestly don't understand why all big cages are spacey vertically but so narrow horizontally. Birds aren't helicopters, they DO fly horizontally... If I were you, I'd try and sell the cage you have, and buy two smaller ones that would be larger but shorter so you could put one on top of the other, like Fashionfobie mentioned.