• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I have two accounts, but I wish I had one LOL!

JMC822

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jennifer
Hello,

So when I originally joined the forum my name was FieryPhoenix and my first post was about my Quaker needing surgery to amputate her wing.

I had to create this account to be able to post updates because for whatever reason, I could not log into my account.

Fast forward I receive a message sent to FieryPhoenix (email notification) and I was able to respond via my phone. I checked the user name and password on my phone to help me remember how to log in (I had touch ID enabled though). When I try to login with the same credentials it says that the member name is not recognized.

I tried to reset my password but I always get the message that my email is not registered. Anyway, I really wish I was using my original account but if I have to stick with this one is there any way that I can deactivate the other one?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Can you find your first post? I can’t seem to find anything posted under the account name you say you first signed up with.

How many posts do you think you may have posted with your original account name?

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Unfortunately, as I said in your thread in the welcome section, I can not find a record of any member with that username. Can you post a link to any of your posts with the other account? If you do, I can merge the accounts for you. If you just want the old username, you can change this one to it.

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
After some investigation I believe you may be mixing up two separate forums that you seem to have joined around the same time... Do you think this is a possibility?

If you want the username FieryPhoenix for the account you hold here you can simply change your username. You will find the "change username" option in your account details :)

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Just wondering when you first joined. Since the big software upgrade usernames have been limited to just 10 characters I believe. Could your username be truncated?

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Just wondering when you first joined. Since the big software upgrade usernames have been limited to just 10 characters I believe. Could your username be truncated?
If that was the case then I would think others with longer names would also be having issues or having their names shortened? @expressmailtome ?

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Usernames that existed before the new limits were added were not changed. Also, there is no member with the username FieryPhoen.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Usernames that existed before the new limits were added were not changed. Also, there is no member with the username FieryPhoen.
Yeah. I just tried tagging loads of connotations with no success :o:
I've also realised the username will be in the email.

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
Who did the email you received come from? AA emails come from webmaster@avianavenue.com so look at the sender of the email. That may help us narrow things down a bit.

JMC822

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jennifer
After some investigation I believe you may be mixing up two separate forums that you seem to have joined around the same time... Do you think this is a possibility?

If you want the username FieryPhoenix for the account you hold here you can simply change your username. You will find the "change username" option in your account details :)
Yes! I just figured that out! FieryPhoniex is on ParrotForums.com. Wow I am such an airhead! Thank you!!!!!