• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I have too many animals (Sad Update post #80)

AussieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
I love animals! ;) :hilarious:
Grew up on a hobby farm, still own heap of animals.

BirdWorld

we had chickens growing up, don’t ask what kind, they were just chickens to me, but I can say they were not wild chicks!!
Omg that is so cute

Farfah

Walking the driveway
I'm loving all the chickens!! We looked into getting chickens years ago but they're not allowed where I live :arghh: Will have to live vicariously thru you guys.. Or move!

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
I'm loving all the chickens!! We looked into getting chickens years ago but they're not allowed where I live :arghh: Will have to live vicariously thru you guys.. Or move!
If you would like more chicken pics

Menagerie Mama

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heidi
Yeah chickens are awesome. Do you know what breed you’re getting?
I have Rhode Island Reds and Barred Rocks. Also a spangled Hamburg hen and a “mutt” chicken.
View attachment 370881
View attachment 370882
I have to ask, that super cute pic of Barred Rocks running down a path of stepping stones...were there dried mealworms involved in initiating the stampede?

scrape

Celebirdy of the Month
The title says it all, lol. I have 4 parrots, 5 dogs, 7 cats (and 7 others living with us...), 2 rats, 5 fish and a snail. Next week we're getting chickens! Hopefully a horse and alpacas soon after. Oh and bees, we're getting bees in March. Just bought 2 acres back in October and we are looking to use every square inch!

Before they went out of business, we used a service to draw the pets so here's a partial view of our menagerie.
Wow. And I thought I had too many. Having recently adopted another cat, I think I am failing at downsizing:dead: Crowded

Menagerie Mama

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heidi
Lol, experience:cool:
I have a large enclosed run, but like the chickens to free range in my fenced in 1/2 acre. However, there are also nice thermals over my yard for hawks to ride and I don’t let the chickens free range unsupervised...the quickest way to get everyone back in the enclosed run with no fuss is to shake a bag of dried mealworms!

Menagerie Mama

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heidi
Speaking of food incentives...@hilarys since you are hatching babies, I’ve found that the easiest way to socialize/tame and gain a chick’s undying affection is to feed them some scrambled egg (no milk or water added, just beat the egg and scramble) from your hand:)
Also, it is soooo much fun