• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I have never met one of these

Status
Not open for further replies.

hsmoscout

Rollerblading along the road
Or over-estimate! I have the flu (regular one, not the h1n1 thing) and I was doing my paperwork and fell asleep at my desk. ...I have a comfy chair! Anyway, my Caiques are all in my office. So, I wake up ...to four little warm Caique bodies snuggled all over me, sound asleep too!

I melted.
:eek: Now I'm jealous...
*Thinks about sending Xaf to attack Tina*

catnloco

Sprinting down the street
They did say though that he would get so excited that he had already killed two other birds they had
I wonder what kind of birds they were. I read a post on here that someone has a Caique that will go after any African Species. This little bit of information is concerning.

catnloco

Sprinting down the street
Exactly. A little more and you can purchase a Cape or HH, but those species are extremely different kinds of birds. It boils down to what your preferences are and what you're looking for in a bird. :)
The smallest bird I have ever owned was a Mitered Conure. I have had Macaws,small and large Cockatoos,my African Grey and an Amazon who is still a baby and my first Amazon experience lol.
I think I will just sit back and enjoy the Caique posts and photos gather information and sit on it for a while.

Cydney

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Cydney
I wonder what kind of birds they were. I read a post on here that someone has a Caique that will go after any African Species. This little bit of information is concerning.

On a note of Caiques and African species, my family's WBC, Linus, is one that hates them. Granted, he never bothered our friend's CAG, but he actually bit a hole in the wing of a baby Sennie when he was with the breeder. The same friend also has two Caiques (WBC and BHC) and they are unconcerned with the Grey.

T

TinaM

That would be Squee. He hates African birds. New world birds? He's fine and dandy with!

luvconique

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Jeni
Mine will attack and kill ANY bird, no matter the nationality :hehe:. I've wondered if he'd be ok with a female caique. I don't know that he'd ever been exposed to one, but he may be happier with a "wife".

He's also incredibly LOUD for a caique. Picked up some bad habits as a youngster in his original home.

I love him to death- but he certainly isn't your normal caique. Someday I'll get a baby and raise it properly from the start.

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
That would be Squee. He hates African birds. New world birds? He's fine and dandy with!
That's really odd. I have never heard or read about continental aversion behavior before. :what:

However, recently I have heard about caiques not liking other species and they can be belligerent towards them. I think that is what's probably going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.