• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I have never met one of these

Status
Not open for further replies.

catnloco

Sprinting down the street
But after looking at the photos of them and reading the posts on them I really think I like them...They seem so outgoing and goofy.
I think I might want one...

catnloco

Sprinting down the street
Yes I just saw the prices of them and well first thing to come to mind was I can get a baby Scarlet Macaw from a breeder for that in some states...lol.
Maybe someone will get me one for my birthday :D

CKJ

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Cindy
Different people describe Caiques different ways.....big clowns, full of life, hard headed, affectionate....could go on & on. Myself - I describe Pico like a 2 year old that has had too much chocolate ~ When I lost my Rainbow Lorikeet, I knew I wanted to get another bird that had a "clown-like" personalty. Let me tell you, Pico is a much bigger clown than Skittles was. Also, they can be pricey - more so in some states than others. I think it's hard to compare one bird to another - they're all so different. I can tell you one thing - they are FUN birds!

hsmoscout

I have heard they are like 3 year olds with ADHD that are on a sugar high 24/7! I want one too! :D

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
Yes I just saw the prices of them and well first thing to come to mind was I can get a baby Scarlet Macaw from a breeder for that in some states...lol. Maybe someone will get me one for my birthday :D
Exactly. A little more and you can purchase a Cape or HH, but those species are extremely different kinds of birds. It boils down to what your preferences are and what you're looking for in a bird. :)

hsmoscout

Exactly. A little more and you can purchase a Cape or HH, but those species are extremely different kinds of birds. It boils down to what your preferences are and what you're looking for in a bird. :)
It just figures that I decided to be obsessed with an overpriced species. :rolleyes:

PerfectlyParrot

Real Name
Kathy
I was in a local pet store the other day and they had a WB caique, I wanted him so bad! But there is just no way. They did say though that he would get so excited that he had already killed two other birds they had (most of their birds are out in the open he was caged). I almost told them I would be glad to take the sweet things off their hands, for free! lol.

hsmoscout

They are $3500 CND here - from a breeder...
:eek: But I thought you said that all it would take was a little more over what a caique costs to get a HH or cape :confused:

CKJ

Real Name
Cindy
I have heard they are like 3 year olds with ADHD that are on a sugar high 24/7! I want one too! :D
A.J. - that's a pretty good description too! I think some people under estimate their activity level. :dance4:

T

TinaM

Or over-estimate! I have the flu (regular one, not the h1n1 thing) and I was doing my paperwork and fell asleep at my desk. ...I have a comfy chair! Anyway, my Caiques are all in my office. So, I wake up ...to four little warm Caique bodies snuggled all over me, sound asleep too!

I melted.

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
Or over-estimate! I have the flu (regular one, not the h1n1 thing) and I was doing my paperwork and fell asleep at my desk. ...I have a comfy chair! Anyway, my Caiques are all in my office. So, I wake up ...to four little warm Caique bodies snuggled all over me, sound asleep too!

I melted.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

identicaltriplets

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Patter

I melted.
Oh Tina, how SWEET! I pray you feel better quickly!

And I tell you, I personally think Caiques are the BEST breed out there. They are amazing, funny, stubborn, sweet, loving, acrobats, etc. We love this breed so much we want another but I need to squelch that thought for a bit. :lol:

And I know when we were looking for a WBC, the local pet stores charge FAR more than a breeder, they were clueless about the breed, and I was not impressed overall. I really feel sorry for the Caiques in a pet store. There is a BHC in a store about 10 minutes from our house. He is 7 months old, and they say he will be with them for a long time. They are charging far too much (almost double what a breeder charges), and it is SO sad to me. I want to rescue the little fella but I just can't.

Anyway, I don't think you would ever be disappointed in a Caique! :)

Nikki

Hit the Road
Real Name
Nikki

I melted.
Tina, that is too adorable! :hug8:

I love my little Augie, but he is the one I have to keep one eye on at all times... He is such a little stinker :D!

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
You have a beautiful flock Nikki!:hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.