• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I have never felt this sad about a bird before..

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I'm so very sorry :sadhug2:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
So sorry for your loss.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
:crycry:

Of course I remember you and Pri. We were Secret Santas for eachother for several years. I am so sorry... 5 years just isn't long enough.

I had no idea Pri and Sherbie were so close in age. :cry3:

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am so sorry. I watched your videos and you had such a sweet way with your boy and he really responded. Such a loss.

Greencheek Lee

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lee
:sorrow: Sorry for you loss. They say it's quality of life over quantity of time, and he had a great quality.

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
I am very sorry for your loss. It is impossible to replace the bond we develop with our birds. I empathise with your heartbreak. :sadhug:

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
So very sorry for your loss.:sorrow:
You will meet again on the bridge one day!

ConureTiel

Avenue Veteran
So sorry you lost you're beautiful Pri.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
I am so sorry for your loss

Icey

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
I'm so sorry for your loss. :bighug:

jahpan

Avenue Veteran
Thank you all for your kind words and understanding! It really brought a smile to my face!
I bought alittle stone for his grave today, and a small porcelain bird statue for the room he was in. </3
I still miss him. I started crying at the store today when I picked up a cute stone for him today saying, "In Memory of a Faithful Friend and Companion."

@Peachfaced Ah yes they were. I still have your cute marker drawing of him I got one year from the SS I have hanging on my fridge still.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Thank you all for your kind words and understanding! It really brought a smile to my face!
I bought alittle stone for his grave today, and a small porcelain bird statue for the room he was in. </3
I still miss him. I started crying at the store today when I picked up a cute stone for him today saying, "In Memory of a Faithful Friend and Companion."

@Peachfaced Ah yes they were. I still have your cute marker drawing of him I got one year from the SS I have hanging on my fridge still.
:heart: Glad you do! I'm not much of a painter, but I had to paint him! Pri was a handsome little lad.

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so sorry for your loss. He lives on in your art.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Wonderful painting of him! That’s an excellent way to get your emotions out and make a memento at the same time.

JenniferP

Moving in
Real Name
Jennifer Prisella
So sorry for your loss. I lost my baby last Thursday. He was only 7. Like you, I never knew I could be this sad about a bird. It doesn't seem fair. Just know you are not alone in your feelings and one day you will see your beautiful baby again.

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I'm just now seeing this thread. I'm so very sorry for your loss of Pri. Lifting you up through prayer, asking for strength and guidance healing your broken heart.

Poundkitty

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nicole
Not sure if anyone remembers me, I try to do the secret santa every year, and I occassionally have questions about my bird Pri.

Pri was my first bird ever and a awesome bird!! I am so very hurt by his loss, he is also my last pet bird I had.

Words cannot express how sad I am. I have never felt this sad about a pet before but yesterday night (Aug 3, 2019) I found him not chirping in his cage. Well this was a white faced blue lovebird. He was really smart, I knew all his different chirps, he whistled at me, he loved scratches and massages. It is really hard to say goodbye, I will never forget his loving personality. He loved everyone and wouldn’t bite anyone. He was spoiled rotten by me with all the toys and a giant cage. I couldn’t stop crying when I found him. He was like my best friend. He just turned 6 years old too. Timmy my husband helped me burry him in a box in our backyard late Saturday night. I needed closure for him. You brought Timmy and me so much joy!! I love you, I wished I was able to say goodbye...R.I.P. Pri 06/06/2014 - 08/03/2019

Baby Videos of him:
(I didn't know his color at the time lol)
-when I first got him, he would come to me when I called him.
Other videos:
(I'm not very flattering here in my pajamas lol) saying hi to the camera
- preening himself in the daylight.
-he would bobb his head when he's excited it was soo funny! He would also feed me lol or try to!

He was so silly and loving, I miss him!! :arghh::crycry::sadbye:
[/QUOTE If lucky, come upon animals that engage with us in a manner that we know is singular to us. We cannot help but respond in kind. Be grateful that you were the recipient of such an honor.