• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

"I have macaws and I don't post enough photos."

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I think Leon's former owners must've had a landline. We were watching TV this evening and a phone rang on screen. Each time it rand he answered with a "Hello!" phone.gif

Pat H

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Pat
@Xulta --- Q for you: Is it just me.... or are those perches up really close to the top? Do they have enough head space to be comfortable? Sorry, please don't take offense... :unsure1:

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
This thread is just so full of such breathtakingly beautiful pictures. I've always loved Macaws ever since I saw my first one a Scarlet when I was 5 years old at Disney World so to see all these gorgeous pics is just filling my heart with happiness :heart: Keep them coming please :popcorn:

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Leon has been spending more time on the big playstand lately so I've been trying to think of how to add some bowls for extended visits. I feel slow for not thinking of this earlier, but I took a few toys off & had room to put a 20oz Lixit crock on each end. :)

Leon didn't seem very impressed, but he must have decided they'll do because he was eating an almond the next time I passed by. :dancing:
VideoCapture_20220228-135350.jpg VideoCapture_20220228-135223.jpg

While Buzz had their cage to himself I tried to give him a simple foraging opportunity buy putting a walnut inside two paper sacks, but he seemed more excited about the paper. He never even noticed the walnut! :rolleyes:
VideoCapture_20220228-135514.jpg
The pine chips are from the Christmas toys they're still working on. Lol

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Leon has been spending more time on the big playstand lately so I've been trying to think of how to add some bowls for extended visits. I feel slow for not thinking of this earlier, but I took a few toys off & had room to put a 20oz Lixit crock on each end. :)

Leon didn't seem very impressed, but he must have decided they'll do because he was eating an almond the next time I passed by. :dancing:
View attachment 403712 View attachment 403713

While Buzz had their cage to himself I tried to give him a simple foraging opportunity buy putting a walnut inside two paper sacks, but he seemed more excited about the paper. He never even noticed the walnut! :rolleyes:
View attachment 403714
The pine chips are from the Christmas toys they're still working on. Lol
Hi boys! Long time no see! Yall are looking handsome as always :heart: . Glad yall are enjoying your Christmas gifts and making them last. Did they like the perches?

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Did they like the perches?
Leon loves them! :joyful: One of them is his sleep perch. :pinklol3:

Buzzard loved his too, but for chewing so I took it out for now. :shy: They're too pretty to shred! I'm thinking about putting the second one on the playstand somehow.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Leon loves them! :joyful: One of them is his sleep perch. :pinklol3:

Buzzard loved his too, but for chewing so I took it out for now. :shy: They're too pretty to shred! I'm thinking about putting the second one on the playstand somehow.
Yay! That makes me so happy! I'm thrilled they were big hits. :heart: They are definitely gorgeous as are all of Sarah's creations. :heart:

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I think there's another question this thread begs: why are you so stingy with nuts. One each?! You have macaws & you don't give enough treats either. :laugh:

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I think there's another question this thread begs: why are you so stingy with nuts. One each?! You have macaws & you don't give enough treats either. :laugh:
He only had 1 in the new bowl along with his dinner mix to see if he would take to it. Everybirdy's main food dishes are in their cage, but last night Leon ate his dinner on the playstand! :)

They get 4 almonds each morning & 1 of whatever's in the nut bowl on the counter. Today that's walnuts. :p They get 2 pistachios when we leave the house & need them in their cages and sometimes they get another nut-bowl nut in the evening or a macadamia nut from hubby, but not every night.

Leon's beak has been growing more quickly on one side so we're cooling it with the higher fat nuts in case it's liver related, at least until we can get back into the vet for blood work. :unsure1: I asked his mom about it and she said she first noticed it when she brought him to the vet for his trim in July, so hopefully it's easy to correct. :angel1: I think we're going to try to get in to the Texas Avian & Exotic Hospital in Grapevine instead of our local avian vet.

Last edited:

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
The other day my mother asked which was our cuddliest bird. Right away I said Buzz! :heart: Hubby looked at me incredulously & said, "Yeah, to you maybe." lol Okay, maybe he's right. :dreamyeyes:
VideoCapture_20220226-205921.jpg

No worries, it's only a quick smooch on the beak & he's normally not allowed on my shoulder, but Leon had just flown around the room & poor Buzzard was spooked & had climbed up.

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
Hi Buzz you handsome guy you!!!! :heart: :xflove:

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month