• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I have changed my mind

Bri_:3

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Briana
I did a lot more research and found that a parakeet better fits my life style. I am at school 7 hours everyday and I think that a parakeet is better. I found a bird store that sells hand raised parakeets for just 50 bucks each. I know I keep changing, but I think I have finally found the right bird for me. If you have any tips please leave me some since I am a first time bird owner. Thank you!

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Good for you Briana! Be sure to always do what's best for your new baby and you'll be rewarded with a lifetime of love and loyalty!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Budgies are the cutest little birds... packed with personality, energetic little feathered companions. Trainable, some are quite excellent talkers and a load of fun to watch. I can't help but stand and watch them any time I see them in a pet store. Small but mighty... a very good choice in a companion bird.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I love budgies. Had several of them over the years. They have huge personalities in small packages. I sometimes think about getting another but my flock is very full.

harpersmom

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ania
I did a lot more research and found that a parakeet better fits my life style. I am at school 7 hours everyday and I think that a parakeet is better. I found a bird store that sells hand raised parakeets for just 50 bucks each. I know I keep changing, but I think I have finally found the right bird for me. If you have any tips please leave me some since I am a first time bird owner. Thank you!
good news! :)

I go to school 7 hours and still have a cockatiel, so it would be fine if you were getting one but still great choice

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I know $50 is a lot, but do try to get two. Budgies do better in pairs, especially if they'll be alone for extended periods. :)

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
I know $50 is a lot, but do try to get two. Budgies do better in pairs, especially if they'll be alone for extended periods. :)
Have to agree with that. Budgies really do like to be in pairs & will for the most part accept each other. No bird likes to be alone but budgies seem to really benefit with a friend. People do work & do to school & have a single bird. They get used to it. You can leave the radio on. They eat & nap & go about the day as long as you have a good few hours for them when you get home they will be fine. It just depends what you want from a bird. I had a english budgie & she was adorable. Such a bright ray of sunshine. She used to pace at the door when she wanted out & I trained her to get on my hand but she did not want to stay. She wanted to run around & play. Her favorite thing was to get on a unplugged plastic small fan on the floor. Such a cuties as her little feet ran around & then when she was done she'd fly back to her cage. Sadly she died about 6 mo after I got her from a sudden seizure...She was probably not even one year old. She was quiet..Tiels & most other birds can get loud... Take your time...vist shelters & birdstores & see which birds catch your interest & then do alot of research on them as they all have some general characteristics even though each bird is an individual so you have to take that into account...No bird is really quiet & cuddly///first lesson...

Farlie

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Rick
$50? Where do you live? They're only $20 here in Arkansas. Sheesh!
Oh, a parakeet would be perfect and not too noise as larger birds are.

Last edited: