• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I have a question ????

Lucas2019

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Maria
So I need to used steam for my bird the vet recommended for me and I have used this vaporizer for months but it kind of stop the vapor is was very minimal, so the instructions recommended if the steam was low to add 1/8 of salt with water and I did and boom it does work . My question is , is it safe for Lucas now that the water have salt ? Currently he is in my room cause we are cooking . Any inputs ??

BirbBrain

Walking the driveway
I think that Lucas will be safe. But, just to be sure, you might want to contact your vet and ask, if it is bad for him. You should buy a new steam machine and replace the old one.

Lucas2019

Real Name
Maria
I think that Lucas will be safe. But, just to be sure, you might want to contact your vet and ask, if it is bad for him. You should buy a new steam machine and replace the old one.
Thank you ! Will do

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
@Lucas2019 - @BirbOwner you do not need to buy a new steamer and Lucas is perfectly safe with the salt in the water. The salt is a mineral and it does not evaporate with heat (except at very high temperatures - 2669 F salt turns to vapor). All that is in the steam is H2O.

Lucas2019

Real Name
Maria
@Lucas2019 - @BirbOwner you do not need to buy a new steamer and Lucas is perfectly safe with the salt in the water. The salt is a mineral and it does not evaporate with heat (except at very high temperatures - 2669 F salt turns to vapor). All that is in the steam is H2O.
Thank you so much for your knowledge wow you are amazing thanks a lot .