• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I have a new addiction... LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shamrock

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Meredith
After spending time attending and watching some local ranch sorting competitions, I decided I was going to give it a try....SO I loaded up my QH gelding, Sunny, and headed a fe towns over to where they were holding a practice. Sunny has seen cows from the other side of a fence, but never nose to butt... Our first run, was mostly him getting used to the idea that, yes, he actually had to "push" a cow....not just any cow...but the one I told him we had to push. At first he wasn't sure it wasn't going to eat him, but when I made him move in on it, and the cow moved away well, that was a whole different ball game! LOL!
I realized that ranch sorting is fun to watch, but it is really a rush to participate in...even if these particular cattle can pretty much sort themselves...it was a great learning experience for Sunny and was fun as all get out for me and my team mate! About our 4th run, we actually got all the cattle sorted in 58 seconds... Not bad considering it was my first time, Sunny's first time, and my team mate and her horse's first time to ever do it as well! We had sooo much fun. The actual competition is tomorrow night, and though I know I will not be anywhere close to being in the money, Sunny and I are going to go and have some fun!
I haven't had this much fun since....well....never! :lol:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
sounds like fun!!!!

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
That sounds like quite an accomplishment for a horse who never was nose to nose with a cow before. Glad Sunny did so well for his first time. :D :laughing12:

Robin

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Robin
Gosh and we don't even get a picture ????
Sounds like a great day.

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
It is a rush. Sounds like fun being up on a horse. My sorting was with a sheep dog. The animals enjoy it also! Hope you can get some pictures.

Good job!

Peggy

Status
Not open for further replies.