• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I have a Macaw, here is a pic!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Amazing! Look at that baby. :heart:
He likes to pretend he is growing up but this just proves he still is a big ball of bluff. He is such a softie and often makes time for a snuggle with someone. When he wants a cuddle he just kind of melts on you if you know what I mean, I often worry I will drop him because he goes so limp and totally leans or lays on you like a wet rag making the cutest little sounds.
I feel so lucky when he does gives a cuddle just because he wants to, I cherish every second of the sweetness....it’s a really nice change from his “rah rahh” sounds we usually get:lol:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
View attachment 295171
This is what I get when Burt has a fright or crash. This snuggle was because he crashed and was not happy about it. He cuddled into my arm with his head down my shirt to start with then made his way down to my knee where he cuddled and rested for about 40 mins.
I am not really sure if I should cut these cuddle sessions short or let him have as long as he wants, so for the time being I just let him stay till he decides he is confident and happy enough to go play again. I do love how snuggly and baby like he gets when this stuff happens although I am sad that he sometimes takes it so hard.
He's the little boy who fell down on the playground and skinned his elbows or knees and runs to mum for mum to make it all better. It's a good thing you're so far away your pix of Burt make him ever so birdnappable. I want to cuddle him just from looking at the photos. There's something about baby macaws face/head feathers that are just adorable.

Last edited:

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Oh my, every time I see pictures of him, he is more beautiful! How is that even possible? Precious baby, his eyes are killing me:heart:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
@Shezbug Is there any way I could ask you to please kiss those cheeks for me? :swoon: He is just irresistible.

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
@Shezbug Is there any way I could ask you to please kiss those cheeks for me? :swoon: He is just irresistible.
Done as of five seconds ago. Lol
He actually has a spot on his cheek that started coming up yesterday. I am not sure what it is as I don’t think he banged that side of his face when he crashed. I am a little worried but the AV is not open today due to a public holiday.
6C2D59A8-2806-4F59-ABE4-ECA3D268E5D3.jpeg
Do you think this is just a bruise or something more? I will certainly keep my eyes on it and be calling first thing in the morning if it’s not clearing up.

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Poor darling. It looks like a bruise to me. He's a rough and tumble boy so maybe he bumped it another time. It might warrant a few extra smooches, medicinally of course. ;)

@Macawnutz or @Hankmacaw might have more sound veterinary advice than that though.

Last edited:

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I was hoping it’s just a bruise. Their cheeks look so bad when they mark them up.
I think my concern is more that on certain angles it looks to be lumped but I can’t feel a solid lump or anything like a bump. I will try to stay calm and stop my brain from convincing me it is worse than it looks. I really don’t remember being this stressed about unexplainable bruising or bumps on my kids when they were little but I swear Burt is gonna worry me to death. Lol.

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I really don’t remember being this stressed about unexplainable bruising or bumps on my kids when they were little but I swear Burt is gonna worry me to death. Lol.
Your kids could tell you what's wrong or what happened. Plus they didn't have those precious, fluffy eye rings. :heart:

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
This is what I get when Burt has a fright or crash
:faint::heart::faint::heart::faint:
I am not really sure if I should cut these cuddle sessions short or let him have as long as he wants,
As long as you don't reinforces his worries or fear, let him stay as long as he wants. And be proud of that he choose to be with you in these moments. I see trust to 100% in those pics! ♥
When it comes to this kind of things I always seek the answer if this has happened in the wild. Do you think his mother would have chase him away or refuse him to come near?
Birds parents are very loving to their baby's, so besides from that fact that he takes some things hard, enjoy those moments.

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Thank you @Eloy :hug8:

That’s kind of how I look at things with him too. I know his parents would help for quite some time so I don’t want him to feel alone when he is not sure what happened or is hurt.

Farlie

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Rick
@Shezbug Got a question about those big beautiful birds.
Is that face area bird skin or minute little tiny teeny weeny feathers? I've never seen a Macaw up close... been to scared of that huge beak. :D

Yes he is just a wee baby, he hatched on 22 November 2017...
Hey, we have the same hatch day, the 22nd.

Last edited:

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
@Farlie, the white part on his face is the most beautiful soft skin and the black lines you see near his eyes are tiny little feathers.

Do we have the same year and hatchday or just the sane hatchday?

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
And their facial skin is so very soft and wonderful to rub your cheek against.