• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

"I have macaws and I don't post enough photos."

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I wasn’t going to say anything until the aviary was up and decorated lol.

Evil laughter and little foot bites are adorable...we’ll see if he learns anything from Seamus or vice versa. Seamus does the fall on his back and don’t move tantrums and Bowser loves every bird and will probably be very concerned if Coari is unhappy.
Coari wants a friend and will probably love to be concerned over.

I'm happy it's out. Since everything is still being setup it will make it more real for you two.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
LOLOL - you are replacing me in Dr.'s nightmares - good for you. It keeps his brain awake. He used to tell me, "Well you don't ever bring me something that isn't interesting." I think he really meant weird and that he had never seen before, but he would dig right in and solve the problem until it just couldn't be solved any longer.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am very curious to see what Dr. Driggers comes up with for Coari. If anyone can help him, he can. Kudos to the 2 ladies and their families for taking in the "brothers." It's nice to see birds get soft landings.

BrianB

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
My old lady Sandy. Each morning when I'm getting the store ready to open, I take a few minutes to spend with her. There are really only two of us that she cares for. A few others she tolerates and one young lady, in particular, she hates with a passion. This morning she spent a few minutes kissing my cheek while I scratched the back of her head. I put her on her tree with her morning chop and she immediately went after the corn. This girl loves corn - to the point that she pins her eyes and bobs her head around while making happy macaw sounds. SHe's the first one I say good morning to and the last one I talk to before I leave. I even go see her if I'm in the store on my day off.

I've decided not to bring her home but will spoil her at the store instead. We're not going to be living here in AZ for more than a few more years. She's in her 60's and her health is fragile. I don't believe she would survive a cross-country move. I think it would be terribly unfair for her to come home for a few years, and then have to go back to the store when we move. She's been discarded by previous owners before and I would hate to have her feel that way about me. The owner will keep her there and let me spoil her. She can continue to be a pampered, cranky old woman. After decades of being nothing more than a cash cow for a breeder, she deserves it.

IMG_2867.jpeg

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Hubby and I had entertained the idea of getting Buzz a friend one day, but we were in an apartment at the time so we put it out of our minds. I saw @Macawnutz's thread in the rehome section a couple of months ago but it didn't occur to me that we are in a house now & that it's finally a possibility. :facepalm:

Another month went by before God reached down & whopped me upside my head and I realized we might be able to adopt one of them. Sarah messaged her friend and set up a chat and... Buzzard's little brother should be coming to join us this summer! :marlenesmile:
@Shezbug is right!

Have a cranky macaw with a chronic medical condition? Sign me up lol...But really, this thread is missing out on his beautiful face so here he is!:heart::heart:
View attachment 384499 View attachment 384500
His aviary will be here in a few days and then I can really go crazy decorating. Until then, I’ve wanted to show off this awesome personalized perch for Coari that Sarah made! Can’t wait for him to get here and use it. View attachment 384502 Part red grinch and part sweetheart, I know he’ll fit in with Bowser and Seamus and add even more fun to our home.
omg I somehow missed all of this!! Congrats to you all :D

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
omg I somehow missed all of this!! Congrats to you all :D
Now I'm imagining your face when you were reading the A&E thread: :shocking:

:laughin:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Now I'm imagining your face when you were reading the A&E thread: :shocking:

:laughin:
I saw "Leon" and went :shocking:

Then :ebay1:(imagine ebay = me searching AA)

Then after a few pages of reading:

:omg::excited3::flowgdnc:

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I didn't know about Nova & had to go search. :run:
:swoon: Congratulations! What a snuggler! :faint:

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
I didn't know about Nova & had to go search. :run:
:swoon: Congratulations! What a snuggler! :faint:
I'm definitely her person. She won't let anyone but me mess with her. Anthony can pick her up and bring her to me if I'm not within reach - but normally she climbs down from her cage and walks around the house going "hello" looking for me. She's a trip

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
I gave you a bunch of Ollie & Nova to look at :)

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I was going to ask whether they got along & then I saw the first pic of them together, the one with both of them on their backs. :laugh-bounce: I guess it's safe to say they do! Ollie's still young, but how old it Nova?

How did you go about introducing them? Asking for a friend. Pinocchio.gif

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
Nova just turned 1 on march 28th and Ollie turned 1 on june 7th (I think - I know it's the first part of June) -

And honestly - they did good together right away. I just kept my eyes on them (more so Nova since she's head strong) but they do fine. He's more attached to her than she is to him. He screams when she's not in sight, but she's just like whatever.

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
We're just waiting for the new cage to arrive. The current ETA is "mid to late July". sigh.gif But once it's here, their owner can plan their trip to bring their boys to us.
roadtrip.gif
(Exactly like this, but with birds)