• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I have a confession to make...

HelenVanessaDavies

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Helen
Hello everyone,

After moving all of the food bowels and toys around to get Crikey (also known as the bird shark, the kraken) to guard the food less I decided to look for another friend for them. She was guarding slightly less but I was moving things around nearly every day and Billy was still depressed despite having more access to food.
I had a look online and found a little fella for rehoming, his buddy had passed away and he was moved to the kitchen as the infant was trying to pull down his cage all the time. The lady rehoming genuinely loved him but knew living alone wasn't fair. After a quarantine period I moved him downstairs, it was a slow introduction as I think Crikey had never seen a budgie that wasn't green but Billy was so excited. He started living in the large budgie cage as of yesterday and it's going ok. He stood up to Crikey (he did previously live with a hen) and she's chased him a but not excessively. Billy is so happy having another friend, he's eating a lot more and is much braver, he's stood up to Crikey quite a few times in the last 24 hours when previously he never would.

So everyone meet Cosmo (formally known as Del Boy, I do still call him Del Boy sometimes!), he's around 8/9 months old (from what I can work out from the timeline given), he's the blue and white one. He reminds me a lot of my old boy Archie, very mild mannered, likes to sing along to the radio if it's a good song. He's had a few test flights, hopefully now having access to large space to fly he will become amore confident flyer. I've added in extra food bowls just in case. Due to him living in the kitchen I have been keeping a close eye on his breathing, I couldn't tell if he just had squeaky vocalisations or if he was wheezing so I have discussed with the vet and I am nebulising him to be on the safe side. He only makes the squeaky sounds when he's really upset after a big event (his first flight for example, which I think was the first time he had every properly flown and it also happened when he flew around a lot and ended up on the top of the curtain rail as I think he wasn't sure where to land).

IMG_3992.jpg

IMG_4026.jpg
IMG_4034.jpg

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
Congrats! He is beautiful! :xflove:

:congrats5:

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wow he's got such cool markings! What a sweet handsome boy congrats on adding him to your flock.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
:cngrt5: Nice to hear everything is going so well! :)

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He's gorgeous & looks like he's fitting in nicely. :)

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Cosmo is gorgeous - (as are Crikey and Billy!) I hope his wheezing is just exertion from the flying, and since he maybe didn't get to fly much where he was, maybe that is it. Time will tell, I guess.
They all sure look happy!

HelenVanessaDavies

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Helen
Cosmo is gorgeous - (as are Crikey and Billy!) I hope his wheezing is just exertion from the flying, and since he maybe didn't get to fly much where he was, maybe that is it. Time will tell, I guess.
They all sure look happy!
Very true. He hasn't been brave enough to fly again yet, but they have access to a large room 6+ hours a day so the option is there for when it is ready. So far I haven't heard any more of his wheezy vocalisations again :)

HelenVanessaDavies

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Helen
Great Job in enriching your own bird's life and taking an other one in need in! You made an impact on some many lives. It looks like you have a wonderful trio ❤
Billy is like a whole new much happier bird, Crikey is a bit calmer and is definitely being more tolerant which was the outcome I was hoping for. Cosmo is a lot more active than what the lady previously described to me (he does have more space now and various toys to choose from) and sometimes when I sit next to the cage reading he'll sit near me and just beak crackle ❤ I'm hoping with time he'll want to fly with the others :)