• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I HATE STUPID PEOPLE and I live with their QUEEN

Status
Not open for further replies.

tattooedispatcher

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Terri
Well as you all know I have moved and moved back in with the former roommate. I do all I can to avoid her some days. I mean come on, how stupid can one person be?

Ya see, roomie has a Lilac Crowned Amazon & now a Tiel. YOu tell her she has a Lilac Crown and she will argue with you til she is purple in the face that she has a Lavender Crest. :huh: She swears the papers the bird has, it's on there as Lavender Crest and I have told her there is NO such thing and she can't produce the papers to back her story up.

See, when I cook, I cook for the birds too. They get the rice before I add salt to it, they get veggies n fruits and whatever else i eat. The other day I chopped up a banana, apple and pear for my guys. I had plenty, asked Roomie, hey can i give ur guys some of this,,,NOOOO THEY CAN'T BANANA OR APPLE GIVES THEM THE POOOPS! :confused: All I ever see her feed them is a cheap seed mix, no pellets, very few fruits n veggies, chips, toast and canned fruit when it's fruit.

When I lived with her before I use to sneak avi cakes to her bird, use to sneak him eggs and pnut butter toast and veggies. And his feathering got better and brighter. I have tried to help educate her. she flew back at me,

I HAVE HAD BIRDS LONGER THAN YOU! Granted she has, but apparently she doesn't read about them.

Her tiel is in a cage big enough for 2 finches or 1 keet. she swears,,,,brace yourself people....she swears, "cockatiels don't require large cages!" :confused: :huh: :omg: SAY WHAT?
This lil guy has ONE toy and it's a swing. They don't require toys either! :omg: :confused: :huh: SAY WHAT?

She is a bird expert I guess yall maybe I'm the DUMB one here. Granted my guys don't have a zillion toys but they have toys and are due for new ones but they have toys. They get fruits and veggies daily. Now if they eat them or not, who is to say but they are offered these items daily!

I made their birdie bread, offered her some for her guys, again, birdier bread with smashed naners, nuts, eggs, egg shell and apple isn't good for them either. but the Kettle Cooked popcorn sure is though! I put my newest edition of bird talk in her bathroom tonight. It's the FOOD ISSUE! Maybe it'll educate her but yet, she is so up to date on her info that the people in the magazine are probably wrong too.

Sorry I have not been on much. just bummed i had to moved and I haven't had much desire to be here to talk shop with you guys. And it's you guys who keep me running and make me see t hat things aren't as bad as they seem.

Ok, I should go, I have Scarley flying about the room scaring the poohs out of Gabby and Cricket is nibbling my toes.

Sorry for the rant and so you get the full effect of this I WAS SCREAMING THE WHOLE TIME! :hehe::hehe::hehe:
Much love from us to you!

tracie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tracie
Terri.... you said it was all peace and love.... sneak them the food before she is around and stop having conversations that are obviously over her head. Some people have limited intelligence... I have accepted that.. you need to too... just make sure the birds get the food they need and I would start looking on CL for a bigger cage for the tiel.

M

M.C Bird Rescue

Can you beat her up and steal her birds? J/K! I hate people too, especially uneducated know it alls.

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Well as you all know I have moved and moved back in with the former roommate. I do all I can to avoid her some days. I mean come on, how stupid can one person be?

Ya see, roomie has a Lilac Crowned Amazon & now a Tiel. YOu tell her she has a Lilac Crown and she will argue with you til she is purple in the face that she has a Lavender Crest. :huh: She swears the papers the bird has, it's on there as Lavender Crest and I have told her there is NO such thing and she can't produce the papers to back her story up.

See, when I cook, I cook for the birds too. They get the rice before I add salt to it, they get veggies n fruits and whatever else i eat. The other day I chopped up a banana, apple and pear for my guys. I had plenty, asked Roomie, hey can i give ur guys some of this,,,NOOOO THEY CAN'T BANANA OR APPLE GIVES THEM THE POOOPS! :confused: All I ever see her feed them is a cheap seed mix, no pellets, very few fruits n veggies, chips, toast and canned fruit when it's fruit.

When I lived with her before I use to sneak avi cakes to her bird, use to sneak him eggs and pnut butter toast and veggies. And his feathering got better and brighter. I have tried to help educate her. she flew back at me,

I HAVE HAD BIRDS LONGER THAN YOU! Granted she has, but apparently she doesn't read about them.

Her tiel is in a cage big enough for 2 finches or 1 keet. she swears,,,,brace yourself people....she swears, "cockatiels don't require large cages!" :confused: :huh: :omg: SAY WHAT?
This lil guy has ONE toy and it's a swing. They don't require toys either! :omg: :confused: :huh: SAY WHAT?

She is a bird expert I guess yall maybe I'm the DUMB one here. Granted my guys don't have a zillion toys but they have toys and are due for new ones but they have toys. They get fruits and veggies daily. Now if they eat them or not, who is to say but they are offered these items daily!

I made their birdie bread, offered her some for her guys, again, birdier bread with smashed naners, nuts, eggs, egg shell and apple isn't good for them either. but the Kettle Cooked popcorn sure is though! I put my newest edition of bird talk in her bathroom tonight. It's the FOOD ISSUE! Maybe it'll educate her but yet, she is so up to date on her info that the people in the magazine are probably wrong too.

Sorry I have not been on much. just bummed i had to moved and I haven't had much desire to be here to talk shop with you guys. And it's you guys who keep me running and make me see t hat things aren't as bad as they seem.

Ok, I should go, I have Scarley flying about the room scaring the poohs out of Gabby and Cricket is nibbling my toes.

Sorry for the rant and so you get the full effect of this I WAS SCREAMING THE WHOLE TIME! :hehe::hehe::hehe:
Much love from us to you!
I'm sorry, I can't imagine how frustrating it would be to live with someone who didn't take good care of their animals:mad:

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
aww them poor birdies

it's not you that is dumb your roommate on the other hand to be nice i will say she's dumber than a box of rocks!

I would start making snide comments when she feeds them crappy stuff. like "dang you just took another day off their life span" "wow that potato chip just took 5 yrs off their life span" - ya know those kinda things

eventually she'll have to listen Well most people would they'd get sick of hearing the snide comments LOL

but just keep on sneaking them the good stuff they'll love ya for it...... and if she doesn't do it maybe the birds will see who actually cares about them and won't be nice to the numb nutz that owns them until she starts giving them yummy goodies too

:hug8:

tattooedispatcher

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Terri
Terri.... you said it was all peace and love.... sneak them the food before she is around and stop having conversations that are obviously over her head. Some people have limited intelligence... I have accepted that.. you need to too... just make sure the birds get the food they need and I would start looking on CL for a bigger cage for the tiel.
Other than the animal factor things are ok, it burns me up that she won't take advice and see what I feed my guys. I keep my mouth shut and let her continue to do what she is gonna do. GRRRR And Yes I will sneak them stuff when she isn't looking.

Tamara

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tamara R Money
Ahaha! I love the indirect method... *prays that she reads the Food Issue of Bird Talk*

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Can you beat her up and steal her birds? J/K! I hate people too, especially uneducated know it alls.
That's what I was thinking. Maybe you could just bash her with a big stick. Not like you'd damage anything. :eek: (also JK)

PerfectlyParrot

Real Name
Kathy
Food issue of Bird Talk on my desk too lol. You can waste your breath all you want, but that is what you will be doing. Some people just cannot be wrong, no matter WHAT it is about. Is she an argue for the sake of argument type person? If you just don't say another word one day she will probably be in the kitchen making birdy bread for hers like it was all her idea!

thebirdnerds

Real Name
Jennifer
Ugh I know how you feel. I get stupid people all the time, especially when people people are abusing or neglecting their birds and I can't do anything. A lot of the time they either want money or thing they are doing everything right and I can do nothing. You can't confinscate birds like you can dogs.
It really sucks.

CeddysMum

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
Poor birdies :(

Could you get some information fact sheets on appropriate foods/cage sizes etc *specifically for her species* from an avian vet? I wonder if she'd still argue with what should be considered the opinion of an expert - ? - Quite possible that she would, of course, but it may be worth a shot???

trout

Real Name
Bobby
Let it die down then tell her that her birds are sick & malnourished. Maybe scaring her will work.

Bird Talk? People still read all those advertisements? lol

Patrick

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Patrick
Maybe try some reverse psychology and say. "Ya know, you were right about that apple, my birds really like it"

just a chance?

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
yes im for sneaking the birds food when she isnt looking...sheesh what a MORON

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Just an fyi, AVI cakes by Lafeber have Ethoxyquin.On their site they say , 'naturally preserved'...ughgh:(

Artagiel

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Haley
Maybe reverse psychology? Bring her some articles about bird care and ask her to read them over telling her they came out with new research on bird diet and you wanted her input on them since she has had birds longer than you?
Having her join a forum like this might help but if she is that stubborn you might need to trick her into thinking of all this stuff herself. Maybe peek at bird toys and treats, recipes and ask if she ever tried them with her fids and that you are thinking of trying them with yours and compare notes making her take more of an active role in caring for the bird and get it out of the furniture status she seems to have it in now.

Status
Not open for further replies.