• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I had them 6 years before I knew they were loud!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
From my experience the two small birds that are very loud are parrotlets and the monk birds.

I was attending a bird show one time and as I walked in I heard the loudest birds calling ever. I asked a person with birds what kind of birds were so loud. The reply was "the parrotlets of course in the back". She was correct as I walked back in this huge building to see for myself. Told myself never to get that species.

TheBirds

Sprinting down the street
From my experience the two small birds that are very loud are parrotlets and the monk birds.

I was attending a bird show one time and as I walked in I heard the loudest birds calling ever. I asked a person with birds what kind of birds were so loud. The reply was "the parrotlets of course in the back". She was correct as I walked back in this huge building to see for myself. Told myself never to get that species.
:laugh:

I think it's important to note, too, that if it were just a short vocalization here and there it wouldn't really be an issue and may not be as noticeable.. but the smaller birds seem to like to carry on like that for ages! The little guys have ENDURANCE, lol. Although every bird is different, of course, so it also depends on the individual :) My Linnie, for instance, is so quiet you wouldn't even know we had a bird in the house! (The Lovebirds on the other hand ... :meh: )

Last edited:

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Are you serious or joking, finchly?!

Dania

Strolling the yard
They are adorable and not loud at all in my opinion. I do have very good hearing.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
About the budgie being the loudest bird at your home.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
About the budgie being the loudest bird at your home.
oh! Gotcha. She’s the loudest in the bird room. They aren’t all in there, as they’ve spilled out all over the house (3 rooms). Ernie Pionus is in there but he never says anything.

Gribouille

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Pichu is just cute and quiet most of the time, but he can definitely be loud. I am sometimes afraid for my hearing when he is meaning to "help in the kitchen" :cautious: and shouts from my shoulder while I'm cooking.