• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I had such a scare!!! my heart is still pounding!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
  • this would sound stupid to anyone but a bird lover...I was sitting on the couch, Sam was with me..Dub is driving his mother around somewhere..I realized..ohmygod I haven't seen Fletcher since I came home..I realized I said hello to all the birds and ate soup but I didnt really see him...I tried looking from the couch & Sam was eating from her little cup on my lap soI could not disturb her..every few minutes I looked..and I COULDNT SEE HIM..all kinds of things ran through my head..ohmygod what if he is dead on the bottom of the cage...ohmygod...so I finally disturbed her highness got up and walked toward the cage..expecting the worst..after all he is 10 and finches live from 5-7 years...he's on borrowed time...nope he was at the bottom alright PIGGING OUT ON BROCCOLI LIKE NO TOMORROW..phew...I actually cried I was so relieved..

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
OH Anne, I 100% understand how you were feeling...those feelings of panic when we think something might be wrong with one of our babies...I am sooo glad Fletcher is ok...:hug8:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
I understand the panic Anne!!! :hug8:
Thank goodness he's ok!

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
Awh, that little bugger! he had no idea how worried us bird owners get!

M

M.C Bird Rescue

That is scary. I am glad he was ok.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
I know how you feel. Sometimes it's hard to "spot the birdie" in the cage. The little guys just blend in so well! I've had a few panic attacks of my own with the budgies.

CeddysMum

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
OMG, I'd have freaked too! I'm glad it was "just" as scare and lil Fletcher is OK! :hug8:

I had a similar small scare a while ago when I got home after dark. Ceddy ALWAYS used to sleep in the same spot but this time I couldn't see her anywhere in her cage when I came in ... where was she? Sitting on the opposite side of the cage hidden behind a toy and not a sound out of her (little rascal!) - WHEW!

Skyler

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
Not fun at all. My dad hates waking the birds up --he's always terrified to look down at the bottom of all the cages.

Artagiel

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Haley
So glad the little one is OK! I always worry myself if I can't see Noodle in the daytime, she loves to hide and give me heart attacks.

~birdybea~

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Belinda
So glad Fletcher was only hiding!

I had a massive panic the other night putting the fids to bed. I couldn't find Blinkie anywhere. :eek: He was in the tiel cage, behind a toy. I've never seen him in there before.

Gen120

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria :)
whew, I am so glad everything is Ok! I can't imagine how scared you must have been!

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
That happens to me a lot when I leave Maddie out of her cage and come back. She usually lands right on my head, but when she doesn't and I can't find her right away. I start to panic.

Thugluvgrl187

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
I am glad to see he is ok :)

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
!!
That has happened to me before! I couldn't find Archie anywhere in the cage, and the doors were all locked shut, and I knew that I had put him in there the night before for bed. I thought the worst things, like he had some how escaped and the dog had eaten him, or the cat, or he'd flown into one of the rooms and I'd locked him in there and its so much colder and he'd froze to death...And same as you, the little culprit had actually crawled into one of his furry dangle toys and was sleeping with it covering most of his body while he perched, I couldn't even see him!

I now know how my mother felt when I used to hide in the clothes racks at department stores hehe.

Tamara

Real Name
Tamara R Money
Piggy's gone missing before. Made my heart skip a beat every time I couldn't find him. He was so sick with cancer then that I thought, OMG he's gone somewhere and died. But thankfully, I found him every time in random places like other birds' cages lol.

BamaBirdMom

Real Name
Janet
  • this would sound stupid to anyone but a bird lover...I was sitting on the couch, Sam was with me..Dub is driving his mother around somewhere..I realized..ohmygod I haven't seen Fletcher since I came home..I realized I said hello to all the birds and ate soup but I didnt really see him...I tried looking from the couch & Sam was eating from her little cup on my lap soI could not disturb her..every few minutes I looked..and I COULDNT SEE HIM..all kinds of things ran through my head..ohmygod what if he is dead on the bottom of the cage...ohmygod...so I finally disturbed her highness got up and walked toward the cage..expecting the worst..after all he is 10 and finches live from 5-7 years...he's on borrowed time...nope he was at the bottom alright PIGGING OUT ON BROCCOLI LIKE NO TOMORROW..phew...I actually cried I was so relieved..

So glad he was fine! Haha, try losing a dog in your car when you KNOW you put the dog IN the car, LOL. After going through the car wash one day and nearly dying of a heart attack, Pru now rides under my seat when we travel to and from work. Sometimes I get so nervous, I have to stop the car and check just to make sure I did put her in there after work. I'm that busy all the time, LOL. Of course, she's always there...

ciesana

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Meagan
I completely understand! I'm so glad he was just happily munching away! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.