• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I got something new

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I was just at the big pet shop picking up pellets and I saw a couple of large grass mats in the clearance section for rodents. They were 3euros each and the size of a house door mat, when I moved them I saw this little one underneath for 1 euro(1.10usd)! It's 33x23cm.

I think I will fasten it to the side of a cage and let then go ham shredding it to bits. I wish there had been more but I could only find one... ... Now I'm trying to figure out who I give it to :arghh:

I do have a couple of other mats that I can give the other guys waiting in the toy box. Adélie is currently shredding everything in sight so she might enjoy this mat :)
IMG_20191021_125212.jpg

IMG_20191021_125231.jpg
I bought one of their bags for life. It says "We don't sell animals. 100% adoption. Adopt a friend" They bring in animals from shelters and help rehome them. They don't sell any animals at all, not even fish. I don't usually buy a lot from this place as much is over priced and the toys are underwhelming, but I did buy Adélies little rodent house from here and a couple of perches once. I used to buy millet here but I found a better place.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
That is a great deal, and it sounds like An amazing store. I love that they don't welk animals. I have those for the rabbits and occasionaly I give one to the birds. They love it, I bet your flock Will too! Maybe you could put it in a common area where they all play? But I know you have some girls so maybe one would take possesion of it. I have the luck my boys share mostly:) Only Xena is very possesive it they get close:rolleyes:

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
! Maybe you could put it in a common area where they all play?
I was going to get the larger one and put it out somewhere but my girls would fight to the death over it so they need to have their own.
If they like it, I might see if I can get some from somewhere else :) It´s a good size.

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
I was going to get the larger one and put it out somewhere but my girls would fight to the death over it so they need to have their own.
If they like it, I might see if I can get some from somewhere else :) It´s a good size.
Ah that's not An option then. Naughty Girls:D

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Ah that's not An option then. Naughty Girls:D
No, unfortunately for being such cute little fluffballs, they are very, very mean. The two sister ¨hate¨ each other to start with, and Adelie ¨hates¨ her mum. The mat would push them over the edge :lol:

How is Myn? I haven´t seen you make any posts about him in a while

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
No, unfortunately for being such cute little fluffballs, they are very, very mean. The two sister ¨hate¨ each other to start with, and Adelie ¨hates¨ her mum. The mat would push them over the edge :lol:

How is Myn? I haven´t seen you make any posts about him in a while
Oh such a drama! I think you manage them really well. You must have your hands full with Them.

He is doing great:) Thank you for asking. He and Pippin are such little piggies. Also, Myn still has An obsession with plastic bags:rolleyes: I let him play with one once in a while, under supervision of course. IMG_20190705_131924465.jpg

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Those mats are great! None of my birds ever tire of seagrass.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I just pealed the sticker off... originally priced at 6 :dead:. I might go back tomorrow and get the 2 larger ones. Why buy little ones online when I can get 2 that are way bigger for the same price of one little one..... O.O

Vmax

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Vanessa
Might you cut one of the large ones in half to spread the “love” amongst your flock? Random thought :rolleyes:

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael

Yoshi&Raphi

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Raphi
Maybe you could cut the big Matt in to smaller pieces so everyone gets some? :)

Might you cut one of the large ones in half to spread the “love” amongst your flock? Random thought :rolleyes:
Just saw that Vmax had the second idea, anyway I second them. :lol:

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Those are huge! I would love to see pictures of your birdies annoying that:D

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
That’s what I was thinking to. They will only shred them up so even if it frays or falls apart once cut, no big deal it would end up that way anyway! Sure they will have fun with that
Maybe you could cut the big Matt in to smaller pieces so everyone gets some? :)

When I first saw these I thought of that, but they are held together with one string and if I cut it, they may just fall to bits and I´ll have a heap of dried grass :lol: But Now that I went back and picked up the other 2 mats, I have 3 ... you may think ¨Emmm Zara you have 4 cages!¨, but Sydney spends a LOT of time in Adelies cage ;)

Those are huge! I would love to see pictures of your birdies annoying that:D
I will give a big one to Aldora later. Let´s see how she gets on with it. She usually annihilates shreddables :D