• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I got scared

Lucas2019

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Maria
I got scared today I never felt my bird pelvis before and today I felt it and I immediately freak out . He right before his cloaca down his chest and I felt it sharp and I got freak out . Please let me know if you guys had that reaction too ? I love my bird and I am new owner so I freak out about little things I hope .

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
You need to be very careful doing this sort of stuff as their bones are quite fragile so please make sure you are not grabbing, poking, prodding or pressing too hard on your bird. Also please be careful about where and why you are handling /touching your bird as you may end up causing frustration by giving your bird the wrong signals. Try to stick with petting/ touching only the head, neck and feet.

Is there a reason you were feeling for your birds pelvis?

Lucas2019

Real Name
Maria
You need to be very careful doing this sort of stuff as their bones are quite fragile so please make sure you are not grabbing, poking, prodding or pressing too hard on your bird. Also please be careful about where and why you are handling /touching your bird as you may end up causing frustration by giving your bird the wrong signals. Try to stick with petting/ touching only the head, neck and feet.

Is there a reason you were feeling for your birds pelvis?
Yeah I know I am always careful with him . The only reason why I touched was because he leaning on my arm and I felt and I freaked out so I touch it once then I touched again cause I got very scare since I have never felt that before . After a few research they said it was the pelvis bone right before his cloaca. So I shouldn’t worry right ? Thanks for answering

Sharonitaw

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Sharon
In my experience, I can usually feel my bird's keel and the pubis of his pelvis/synsacrum with very little to no pressure and he is a healthy weight.
If your bird is a normal weight, it probably isn't anything to worry about. If you don't have a gram scale, feel on either side of your birds keel. It should "squish"/ be a little cushy because of the healthy flight muscles.

Lucas2019

Real Name
Maria
In my experience, I can usually feel my bird's keel and the pubis of his pelvis/synsacrum with very little to no pressure and he is a healthy weight.
If your bird is a normal weight, it probably isn't anything to worry about. If you don't have a gram scale, feel on either side of your birds keel. It should "squish"/ be a little cushy because of the healthy flight muscles.
Oh ok got it ! Yes he is 65 grams I was just surprised by that . Even when he poops on top of my tv I can see his little red thing if you know what I mean lol .