• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I got present today now i have questions

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Because I have helped out at DR Barb's clinic a number of times, when they order nuts from nuts.com, they bought some extra for Sweet Pea. these are all organic shelled nuts. DR Barb was over my way and brought Sweet Pea a bunch of treats. I got 57 grams of almonds, 121 grams of walnuts, 42 grams of cashews, 18 grams pecans, 22 grams brazil nuts & 4 grams hazel nuts. that is 264 grams of nuts. I know that birds can't have peanuts. and I can make nut dust out off this but would like other ideas to how to let Sweet Pea have these nuts for treats. also would like to know what each of these nuts contain nutrition wise. she loves little piece of walnuts already for treats. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's nuts! Holy nuts batman :lol:

Sorry, I couldn't resist, but am interested in the answers! And very generous of Dr Barb :D

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
she and DR Tony both have birds (macaws), Avian Angel 'G' has macaws and cockatoos, DR Paul has YNA and couple of the other techs have tiels, and budgies. the big guys go thru nuts like monthly, so they order plenty.

Newbie GCC

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
Foraging treats or crush some and use it as a coating for home made nutriberries. Sprinkle some on birdie muffins or use as training treats. If you freeze them, they wil last a lot longer.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Foraging treats or crush some and use it as a coating for home made nutriberries. Sprinkle some on birdie muffins or use as training treats. If you freeze them, they will last a lot longer.
@Newbie GCC
they are already in the freezer, do you have recipe home made nutri~berries?

Nuts you don't know what to do with? Clearly the correct answer is just to send all of them to my house :p
i'll figure it out LOL... I know she likes almonds and walnuts. I have made nut dust for her soft foods just like I did with Rocky's (RIP) soft foods.

Last edited:

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
@Greycloud
first link didn't work, puter says can't reach page.
second one did so i'll read thru it thanks

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
If she enjoys any type of bird bread, you could finely chop them, and then put them into the batter. After that you can freeze the bread in small pieces. Then you could put the bread where you have the nuts, and now you have more of a meal than a snack.

Matt

zvezdast

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
For foraging, I like to wrap nuts in paper and hide places in the cage, or put on baby plastic spoons, wrap paper around it with sisal and hang the spoons on toys.