• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I got my baby idian ringneck

Liensoto12

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Lien
Hi, on Saturday I got a baby irn from a breeder, he said he was 4 weeks old but i think he is younger, i have a question, can i take him everywhere i go? Like my work? Or is this too stressful for the baby?

Attachments

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Welcome to the Avenue Lien :)

can i take him everywhere i go? Like my work? Or is this too stressful for the baby?
No. He needs to be kept in a brooder as he has no feathers and is not able to regulate his own body temperature.

It is important to allow him time alone in his brooder to sleep. Best to keep the environment calm. Remember to check brooder temperature and monitor weight gain at this age.

How often are you hand feeding?

Liensoto12

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Lien
Hey, thank you so much for the answer, I am hand feeding 4 times a day, I dont have him on a brooder, the breeder gave me a box with some bedding and told me to keep it in a room where the room temperature is 80, which i have been doing, he seems to be pretty content. I just have to go on the weekend for work somewhere else and even though i have my aunt that looks after him, i would hace rather taken him with me. But if its sager for him to stay then i would leave it at home.
this is him yesterday.

Attachments

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
He's very cute.

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
If it were me I would cancel my work event and focus on the fragile and quickly growing baby. That little bird needs warmth and stability.

He is very cute! How could you leave that little face :xflove: