• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I got an early present :(

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Yes, all that shredding is from today!

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
She did well. Nice egg, no marks, no blood. It's a little long/slim but maybe it's because she's so young.
She's sleeping now :hug2:

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
That's why she gave you that look last night when you took out her castle!
Yea. I told you she was off. Sleepy + cage territorial + dino walk.
She has been non stop shredding the paper all day. I don´t know what to do about that. Maybe just line it for night time and leave it unlined during the day...

Sorry for late reply, I took a funny turn but feeling ok now :)

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
I wonder if she'll lay a full clutch like Aoife. Will you let her nest or just see how it goes?

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

I wonder if she'll lay a full clutch like Aoife. Will you let her nest or just see how it goes?
I took the egg because she is so young. I´ll let you know if I get a second - I think I will.

@Eloy if you were here I´d give you it... but it would be barely a mouthful. My boyfriend won´t eat them and I don´t eat eggs at all.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
It's really neat to watch... It's like her beak are a pair of sissors.

Buddy tears the paper in (like) strips. I'd get you a pic but I changed the paper hours ago.
Henry can shred paper like a bomb went off.... Casey can make paper mulch.

LovieLuvr

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Christina
Such a cute video! I wish Sprout was that cuddly, but we have a loooong way to go :wacky:

Sprout laid one egg, but stopped (thank goodness). Egg laying always stresses me out! Even though I know I’m providing everything to make sure there are no complications.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
How did it go? did you take her egg away? did she have another?
Sorry, I thought I posted here publicly but I must have only shared the video privately. She laid a second egg, and stopped. The second egg was a lot of days after the first, I can´t remember exactly off the top of my head..5 maybe. That was before we found the quaker, before I went to the UK etc. No more since :)
She has had her house taken :lol: so now she sleeps under the bridge. It´s adorable.

I took the eggs because she was so young - she was completely not interested in the object that fell from her rear. If this had been Lapis, I would have let her have some dummys to sit on.

Here´s the vid (of the second egg),

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Sprout laid one egg, but stopped (thank goodness). Egg laying always stresses me out! Even though I know I’m providing everything to make sure there are no complications.
How old is Sprout?
I was a little stressed with this clutch because it was the youngest hen and I was due to leave the country. I didn´t want her laying when I´m not here to keep an eye on her. I worried that my other half may miss some key signs of any abnormalities. But she didn´t lay any more :)

LovieLuvr

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Christina
How old is Sprout?
I was a little stressed with this clutch because it was the youngest hen and I was due to leave the country. I didn´t want her laying when I´m not here to keep an eye on her. I worried that my other half may miss some key signs of any abnormalities. But she didn´t lay any more :)
Sprout is 4 years old and she started laying eggs when she was 2 yrs old. The first time she laid 3 eggs and sat beside them :confused: Now whenever she lays an egg or two, she just ignores them. My vet told me to take away anything shreddable, but it still doesn't work. So I just let her do her thing and change the light cycle in her room. That worked in the past with my other female lovie.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Awwww she is SO precious in the video when she's on your hand! She looks like she is the happiest little girl in the world there! :heart: