• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I got a new camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

repaul3

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ruth
I have been up in the air about what camera to get, it was between the Nikon D3000 or the Canon Rebel EOS SXi and I chose the Canon :fingerscrossed: I hope I made the right choice. I hope it is not to complicated for me:confused: It's not to late to return it if I decide I can't figure it out LOL.
Any one have a suggestion. Which one is lease complicated?

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I love Nikon's (couldn't afford one though) but I have a Canon. I find my Canon really easy to use, once you get used to everything it's really simple.

Just read through the manual, if you have any questions there's plenty of knowledgeable camera people on the forum. You made a great decision, as much as I'd love a Nikon, I'm really happy with the Canon, and might upgrade when I have the money.

.. If you do want to do a swap at some stage, you're going to be swapping to another excellent camera at least.

hsmoscout

Rollerblading along the road
They will both be the same as far as difficulty. Of course you can always just set it to auto. Read your manual, do some googling, get some research done ;)

ChromeScholar

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Dan
I hope you're happy with the Canon. I'm a dedicated Canon user, so I think you will be. Oh, I assume you mean an xsi?

Thugluvgrl187

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Congrats! I also wanted to get a new camera but it will have to wait.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Congratulations!! You'll be happy with it :D

repaul3

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ruth
Thank you ....yes I did mean xsi ... hahaha a little bit of dislexia.
I believe I will be fine with the canon. I have a niece that is going to school for photography so I am sure she can help me out with it.
Plus I am leaning alot of tips just being here on this forum, I love it!!:heart:

Renae

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
They're great shots! looks like you're starting to get the hang of it already. ;)

Once you've totally got the hang of it, you'll find yourself taking thousands of photos. :hehe:

repaul3

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ruth
Oh I'm sure I will!! I can't wait until spring so I can get outside and take some pics of all the buds and blooms...I live in Indiana so it's still pretty cold here. But spring is right around the corner :dance4:

Faen

Hit the Road
I have a Nikon and LOVE it. Though Canon's are great too. There are the Nikon people, and Canon people, and personally i am a Nikon person. While they are both equally great brands and both make great cameras, i personally prefer the Nikon over the Canon. The Canon has the better body(part of the reason why they are probably the best maker of the point and shoot camera on the market), the Nikon has the better lenses and for DSLR and SLR camera it's really the lens the that makes it or breaks it. For instance if its a toss up whether or not to spend the money on the lens or the body, go for the lens which is part of the reason why i went for D3000, rather than the D5000. Don't let me discourage you though from the Canon, there are lots of people here with Canons and they can produce equally as great pics. I hope you enjoy. Oh and another great thing about the Nikon D3000 and Nikon D5000 is they have a built in manual thing on the camera. I've tried it once or twice when i first got the camera and it's actually quite a useful tool for beginners. :) Though personally, i prefer to learn on my own by playing around with each individual setting and so on, rather than reading and selecting and so on. ANyway Enjoy your new camera, I'm sure you'll LOOOOVE the Canon. Also great pics!

Oh and if your still unsure about whether or not to keep it or exchange it, another thing i reccommend people doing if theyre deciding between cameras is going to the store an trying out the different ones on display and see which personally feels better in your hands and so on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.