• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I get a new toy EVERY time my daddy goes bye bye.

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Uuhhhh huh.....spoiled bird!!! Tell everyone why don't ya!
IMG_20200108_142838.jpg IMG_20200108_142839.jpg

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Toy Heaven!
Lol.....that's just one play area.....he's got 4 more areas to hang out at and play with toys.

Is he spoiled much?? :yes3: He knows what " daddy's going to store " means...And knows what... " look what daddy got " means....he cans running to see what it is. He welcomes all toys. This guy isn't afraid of much, very little scares him. And he'll walk over to people and climb up to their shoulder to say hi.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Wow look at that play station! I'm jelly Paco to scared to play with anything much less trying to get him a play station.
Terri, you should get him one. Doesn't have to be huge. Start small and add a couple toys at a time. Start small as to not over when him.
Start with just a perch stand, or small gym. Mine wouldn't step up when I first got it. ( he has 4 more places to play at too) when he's on your hand or arm after stepping up, use other hand to give him a small push to his play stand. They'll step up. Then leave them there for a while to get used to it.
After a week or 2 they'll look forward to going there. Even do it on their own.
This one here is his fly to poop station/ play area. He's potty trained. He knows the word "wait " when he starts that butt wiggle to ready for a poop and I point to play stand
And he goes there and poops, then comes back to me.
He's a clever bird.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Toy Heaven!
You haven't seen the amount of toys this squirt has between his cage , 2 play gyms and 2 perches... Plus got 3 toy chest 3 feet x 2 feet by 20 inches high. That are Chuck full. I rotate them, clean them dry them and store them for a while... When he gets bored with one's he has I swap them out and put different ones in.

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Terri, you should get him one. Doesn't have to be huge. Start small and add a couple toys at a time. Start small as to not over when him.
Start with just a perch stand, or small gym. Mine wouldn't step up when I first got it. ( he has 4 more places to play at too) when he's on your hand or arm after stepping up, use other hand to give him a small push to his play stand. They'll step up. Then leave them there for a while to get used to it.
After a week or 2 they'll look forward to going there. Even do it on their own.
This one here is his fly to poop station/ play area. He's potty trained. He knows the word "wait " when he starts that butt wiggle to ready for a poop and I point to play stand
And he goes there and poops, then comes back to me.
He's a clever bird.

I always give Buddy a small treat if he steps onto a new area. The most challenging place was the edge of my kitchen sink. My sink is that bright yellow enamel. That was a WHOLE bunch of mini step down step up. For about 2 weeks before he felt comfortable enough to hang. 2-3 times a day. 2-4 sunflower seeds (small ones). I'm a little evil giving more sometimes & less others, keeps Buddy on his toes.... :angel4:

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
What a lucky birdie! :heart: