• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I found Slade's breeder!

AkasyaEllric

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Morgan
So, the forgetful person I am, I misplaced Slade's DNA cert that the foster gave me when I brought him home and I just found it. We had apparently misread his band from him and I checked the post here for what was on the cert and found it, African Queen Aviaries! I called her and she took down all my info, and is going to check her records to see if she can find any more info for me.

She's really nice and we ended up talking for about a half an hour. It is confirmed that Slade is just a brown head though, she's never had hybrid's. She said she actually doesn't even breed them anymore because they're so hard to find and they're diminishing in the US so much, females are more needed then mails though. She couldn't believe he was all the way up in here in Pennsylvania, she's from Florida.

Now I just have to wait for her to check her baby books from around 7-9 years ago and she'll let me know what she finds. I'm so excited! :cantwait:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
How cool!

AkasyaEllric

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Morgan
How cool! And a great breeder too:). Wish I could find some info for Mali.
Where did you get her from originally? If my forgetful butt wouldn't of lost the DNA cert I would of known sooner haha.

Laylatoo

Jogging around the block
Mayor of the Avenue
She was a craigslist rehome. 6 months old and I was owner number 4. The girl I bought her from rescued her on the brink of death and took her immediately to the vet for treatment of a lung infection. Nursed her back to health and then put an ad on Craigslist. The only information she had about her was her hatch date from the neglectful owners. She will always be my little mystery. :)

Where did you get her from originally? If my forgetful butt wouldn't of lost the DNA cert I would of known sooner haha.

AkasyaEllric

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Morgan
She was a craigslist rehome. 6 months old and I was owner number 4. The girl I bought her from rescued her on the brink of death and took her immediately to the vet for treatment of a lung infection. Nursed her back to health and then put an ad on Craigslist. The only information she had about her was her hatch date from the neglectful owners. She will always be my little mystery. :)
I thought it was something like it, I do think you told me before. I know I'll never find out anything about Ollie's breeder since it's just random pet store supplier breeder person. I would be cool if you could find out anything though!

kiwi2017

Sitting on the front steps
So, the forgetful person I am, I misplaced Slade's DNA cert that the foster gave me when I brought him home and I just found it. We had apparently misread his band from him and I checked the post here for what was on the cert and found it, African Queen Aviaries! I called her and she took down all my info, and is going to check her records to see if she can find any more info for me.

She's really nice and we ended up talking for about a half an hour. It is confirmed that Slade is just a brown head though, she's never had hybrid's. She said she actually doesn't even breed them anymore because they're so hard to find and they're diminishing in the US so much, females are more needed then mails though :cantwait:
Is Slade a brown head parrot.

AkasyaEllric

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Morgan
Is Slade a brown head parrot.
He is apparently. The foster told me he was a meyers but @Mizzely rightly told me no, he doesn't look like a meyers, at least not 100%. We thought he was probably a hybrid but according to this breeder she hasn't had hybrids and he's just a brown head.

kiwi2017

Sitting on the front steps
I have a brown head as well, they’re not that common so it’s interesting to find someone else who has one. Mine came from a breeder in northern Saskatchewan. She is 17 months old, name is Kiwi.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I have a brown head as well, they’re not that common so it’s interesting to find someone else who has one. Mine came from a breeder in northern Saskatchewan. She is 17 months old, name is Kiwi.

In your signature you have her as a Cape Parrot (Poicephalus robustus)? :capem: vs :brnhead:
Brown Head being Poicephalus cryptoxanthus

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Jean Pattison is an excellent breeder. It's nice that you were able to get that info.

AkasyaEllric

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Morgan
Jean Pattison is an excellent breeder. It's nice that you were able to get that info.
I can tell! She even said that she lets the band company give out her number even if people call there. She was so friendly and informative. I'm excited to see what she finds on him. She was glad to hear he won't ever go anywhere again either, but was a bit sad that I'm his fourth home.