• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I fell for a senegal!

Star

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Brandis
I got into the same pet store quite frequently. I'm like the crazy pet lady. I often go because I need fresh crickets for my lizard friend Leo! I kept seeing this Senegal. I was intrigued but slightly cautious and wasn't initially sure what I thought. Also got an opportunity to go back and spend some one in one time with him. 12 year old Senegal was technically on consignment apparently. We bonded. Yup That quick. Within 24 hours I had gone back and gotten him with questions... Whether he had a name etc (no I am not 100 percent on sex) I named him Nigel.. Nigel Thornberries after a few hours of being home and I can honestly say apparently he gets mad when I'm not physically in the house. He likes o tell me to come here... A lot. Whether it's to get some pets in, get my attention or whatever else depending on circumstance. Also likes to hold onto my finger while he does his wing exercises super adorable I look forward to his wings growing back in so that maybe we can do some flight training. We are learning to read each other and I'd definitely say he likes me way more than my husband. I'm okay with this I had gotten or attempted to get myself a lovebird and well the little lovebird chose my husband! Yay Nigel! Snapchat-422537537.jpg

Hjarta5

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
:starshower1: Welcome to the Sennie Club! Nigel is a cutie - Im so happy you two connected :heart2:

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Awe how cool is that! Very nice to hear that you guys made an instant bond. Welcome to the forum Nigel.

:starshower1:

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Awwwhhhh.Looks like love to me!!!! :flowgdnc: :bliss:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
:congrats5:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Congratulations! Welcome to the Avenue Nigel! :starshower1:

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Welcome! What a pretty/handsome Sennie! Love the fluffy look.

:greet13:

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
Nigel is adorable :loveshower: Sounds like he chose you as much as you chose him!
Welcome to the Avenue Nigel Thornberries (that name really suits him btw!) :grpwelcome:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Welcome Nigel.

Barbara2

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barb
Love his picture, love his name, lucky Nigel to have found such a good loving home. Congratulations to you both

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Congratulations! Welcome to the Avenue, Nigel!! :heart:

fidsmom

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Congrats on your new addition, Just thought I would let you know, be careful if you have your lovebirds out at the same time as your Senegal..I have 7 Quakers and 1 Senegal, they used to get along reasonable , But that changed, a few years ago, when my Senegal out of the blue, went and attacked 2 of them, for no reason what so ever,So I no longer trust him with the rest of the flock out together, So my Quakers come out first for playtime, and once they are back in their cages, Then my Senegal comes out alone.