• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I feel like an idiot

AkasyaEllric

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Morgan
Slade has been doing so well so I keep trying to see how far he can go slowly. I know he isn't always good passing by people but I tried it today, I walked by my husband sitting on the couch. On the way out he was fine. But on the way back he head bobbed, which usually means happy and excited and I had a moment of yay! But then he went for the kill on me. I know it's my fault but now I'm a mess and super upset. I am fine working with him for however long it takes but, I'm just disappointed in myself I guess.

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1566683062182.jpeg

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Aww I'm sorry. That looks nasty. I have been bitten so many times over 40 plus years, but it always hurts my feelings. I am often to blame and it really upsets me for a while. I need a really pleasant interaction with the biter to get over it.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I also feel bad and personally hurt everytime it happens, especially when its right after making such great progress! Our egos get bruised I think. I just try to remind myself that they are over moments after it happens :lol: It's soooo hard though! :hug8:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
:sadhug2:

TikkiTembo

Real Name
Chelsea
Ouch! I guess you never really know some things until you try. You tried, and now you know he's not ready for that yet! Sending hugs

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Sorry to see the bite. :(

We all make mistakes and things go wrong...but we learn from the mistakes, try not to repeat them, and we'll go from there...:yes3:

AkasyaEllric

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Morgan
It definitely hurt :lol: He bites like his life depends on it. He looked so sad in the cage after it happened, since I had to put him in cause he was trying to rush at me again once I got him off inside the cage. I'm pretty sure it's misplaced aggression, since he wanted to get at my husband but I was the one who's hand he was on. Usually I have him on a perch in those situations just in case, but I got over confident I think. I'm ready to get back on the horse and just keep going with him though. It's not his fault someone traumatized him, I just really hate that they did.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It definitely hurt :lol: He bites like his life depends on it. He looked so sad in the cage after it happened, since I had to put him in cause he was trying to rush at me again once I got him off inside the cage. I'm pretty sure it's misplaced aggression, since he wanted to get at my husband but I was the one who's hand he was on. Usually I have him on a perch in those situations just in case, but I got over confident I think. I'm ready to get back on the horse and just keep going with him though. It's not his fault someone traumatized him, I just really hate that they did.

Have you checked into a little camomile mixed into his sprouts or wet food? Buddy gets a wee bit aggressive w/ the hubby during hormonal periods & it works wonders. Don't take my word, do your own research pls, I'm so off recommending food items these days!

If organic is important to you, this is a pure tea that is...

traditional medicinals camomile tea - Google Search

AkasyaEllric

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Morgan
Have you checked into a little camomile mixed into his sprouts or wet food? Buddy gets a wee bit aggressive w/ the hubby during hormonal periods & it works wonders. Don't take my word, do your own research pls, I'm so off recommending food items these days!

If organic is important to you, this is a pure tea that is...

traditional medicinals camomile tea - Google Search
I actually have some right now funny enough, or I should. I had gotten some for Diggle when he seemed to showing signs of anxiety. I also have avicalm, maybe I'll try one or the other, thank you for the recommendation/reminder. I worry it might just be an action from his trauma, but if we can get further with the help of a calming aid that is safe, I'm for it.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I actually have some right now funny enough, or I should. I had gotten some for Diggle when he seemed to showing signs of anxiety. I also have avicalm, maybe I'll try one or the other, thank you for the recommendation/reminder. I worry it might just be an action from his trauma, but if we can get further with the help of a calming aid that is safe, I'm for it.
That's why I gave Buddy some in his AM sprouts. Calmed his aggressiveness down, from his hormines/fall molt (I think).

Reminders for all of us help! When are fids don't feel :depressed: quite right, then how do we think :teacher: straight? Everyone has those days, glad I could help!!! :headphones: