• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I don't know what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

trout

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Bobby
They wont take help or advice to improve the conditions of the remaining birds, and since the conditions wont approve the birds remain unhappy, and because they're unhappy they aren't nice to her, so they stay in the dirty cages.

I'll give her that they have a good diet, and she changes the water once a day, and she cleaned the cages for the first time in a few months. But the last two times I tried talking about further improvements I was told "It's not like I'm ****ing beating them." And I learned it's under these conditions that one of her birds had died about a year ago @ less than 2 years old.

I just don't know what else to do or say. :(

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Why don't you invite them here so they can read about how we all take care of and treat our birds. Maybe when she sees that a lot of people care for their birds the way you do it will sink in. Don't give up trying to educate the person it will hopefully pay off in the end :hug8:

ThatDarnBird

Who are "they"? If they don't want the birds can homes be found for them?

trout

Real Name
Bobby

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
M

M.C Bird Rescue

Sometimes acting like its "they're idea" also helps. Some people actually do get upset when they are told everything that is wrong and nothing they are doing correct. If you maybe approach or have someone else approach the situation from a different angle, you may see more of a change.
Offer to help in care needed, cage cleaning, etc.
Find used free cages and bring them to her
Have any extra perches or can make some inexpensive toys?

Sometimes helping in these ways helps the owner in the long run.

Robin

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Robin
That is so sad. Glad you got the one out. Hope the others get out before it's too late :(

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria :)
I hope you get them out of there!

ThatDarnBird

Sometimes acting like its "they're idea" also helps. Some people actually do get upset when they are told everything that is wrong and nothing they are doing correct. If you maybe approach or have someone else approach the situation from a different angle, you may see more of a change. Offer to help in care needed, cage cleaning, etc. Find used free cages and bring them to her. Have any extra perches or can make some inexpensive toys? Sometimes helping in these ways helps the owner in the long run.
I think this is really good advice. As hard as it might be for you, do your best to be helpful and understanding. If they feel like they're being lectured they'll get defensive and dig their heels in.

Last edited:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
Douglas Adams, "Last Chance to See"
English humorist & science fiction novelist (1952 - 2001)
Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
Oscar Wilde
Irish dramatist, novelist, & poet (1854 - 1900)
Some people are beyond hope and help. Very sad. :(

trout

Real Name
Bobby
Sometimes acting like its "they're idea" also helps. Some people actually do get upset when they are told everything that is wrong and nothing they are doing correct. If you maybe approach or have someone else approach the situation from a different angle, you may see more of a change.
Offer to help in care needed, cage cleaning, etc.
Find used free cages and bring them to her
Have any extra perches or can make some inexpensive toys?

Sometimes helping in these ways helps the owner in the long run.

thanks I'll try that. :)

I've been avoiding the "all wrong" because she is doing some things right but it's just not consistent.

So, is she willing to give them to you so that they can go to rescue?
She keeps going changing her mind about when she'll surrender them, and if she'll surrender them.

Last edited:

bubblelady

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
I'm so sorry. I do hope you get your little conure. This hasn't been the best week for you, has it ? :(

Oknuma

Real Name
Oknuma
i dont know how it works over there but are they are in a bad enough position to have the spca step in ? our spca here has the birdwing people and they are fabulous!

Status
Not open for further replies.