• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I don't desire to Re-home my birds, but...

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Things that may happen in this situation are leaving bird cage doors open and doors/windows open by mistake. Even teens can do this. The cage locks are good ideas. I would not have the birds out of cage when young children are in the room. Even adults can forget the rules of safety in a bird home.

Wyld0ne

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Tiffany
Can you make the cage inaccessible?

I use a large baby gate around my bird cage when I have kids who don't understand boundaries in my home.
Not just yet!

I just recently somewhat inherited my grandmother's apartment and I've a ton of adjustments to make. Currently, both cages are in the Master Bedroom and she can get to it. Luckily, the birds climb high up on the cages where she can't reach most of the time. lol.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
If you can hang in there…you’ll have a little bird lady in the making. Giggie has always been a sweetheart around my first granddaughter. It’s such a joy now that’s she’s older (10) and sends me messages like this when she takes Giggie to her room.

“help”

Attachments