• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I don’t know what to do!

FallenLuna

Meeting neighbors
Okay, so I made a mistake.

I decided to purchase a bungee rope tou for my Quaker Parrot, and originally I thought this was a good idea cause she LOVED IT, she plays on it all the time. What I failed to take notice of is that she was chewing on it (I immediately took it out when I did take notice.) but now her beak seems to have a piece of the rope stuck in it and I cannot get it off, it doesn’t seem to be effecting her but I’m really worried, should I just wait for it to grow out or something? Cause I just don’t know what to do.

Attachments

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I can’t see the pics clearly as they get blurry when I enlarge them, that and my bad eyesight means I can’t help sorry.
While we wait for other members with better eyes to look at your pics can you explain if the rope is inside the beak or if it’s stuck in a chip/flake/crack on the outside of the beak?

FallenLuna

Meeting neighbors
I can’t see the pics clearly as they get blurry when I enlarge them, that and my bad eyesight means I can’t help sorry.
While we wait for other members with better eyes to look at your pics can you explain if the rope is inside the beak or if it’s stuck in a chip/flake/crack on the outside of the beak?
It looks like it’s stuck on the outer layer where it flakes off, she doesn’t mind me messing with it, and it doesn’t seem to bother her to rub her beak on stuff still or to eat or drink

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
If it’s stuck in a split layer of the outer beak then it will fall off or wear off if you can’t pick it out. No biggie. My bird gets stuff trapped in them splits a fair bit... there today, gone tomorrow lol

FallenLuna

Meeting neighbors
If it’s stuck in a split layer of the outer beak then it will fall off or wear off if you can’t pick it out. No biggie. My bird gets stuff trapped in them splits a fair bit... there today, gone tomorrow lol
I really hope so, I didn’t think the bungee rope would cause that on her beak, she really seemed to enjoy it too which sucks, right now she’s on her playstand just watching me with a evil look bit that’s normal lol

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I really hope so, I didn’t think the bungee rope would cause that on her beak, she really seemed to enjoy it too which sucks, right now she’s on her playstand just watching me with a evil look bit that’s normal lol
Bungee rope as in the elastic cords with hooks on the ends? If that is what you were using then I’m really glad you removed it.

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Oh a boing. Lol. They’re safe as long as your bird isn’t ingesting fibres or pulling fibres out that may cause a tangle problem. I thought you meant the heavy duty elastic cords.

FallenLuna

Meeting neighbors
Oh a boing. Lol. They’re safe as long as your bird isn’t ingesting fibres or pulling fibres out that may cause a tangle problem. I thought you meant the heavy duty elastic cords.
She is ripping it apart and is getting the fiber stuck to her beak, she doesn’t seem to be eating it though. She is pooping normally, eats good and she’s drinking her water, I just don’t get why she chews on that but not her rope perch, she’s not chewed on it once

FallenLuna

Meeting neighbors
Okay small update. It’s actually in a crack at the tip of her beak. Should I wait for her to pull it out herself or..?

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Is it bothering your bird?

FallenLuna

Meeting neighbors
Is it bothering your bird?
It doesn’t seem to be bothering her, but it’s actually in a crack at the tip and I don’t know what to do about it. She still eats, drinks and all that doesn’t seem to be bothered by it at all.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I would just leave it be. Eventually the beak will flake off and it will drop out.