• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I don’t know what to do .

Circling

Walking the driveway
Real Name
John
I have used bait stations like the “combat” ones Mizzely posted. They work very fast and quite well. The roaches take some of the bait back to their nest and kill more than just themselves with the poison in the baits.
I have never noticed a smell from them but I also did not deliberately smell them.
Have you checked it and found that it attracts any crawlies other than roaches?
:sigh:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
@Circling Never noticed any bugs after the baits were used the first time. I just keep replacing them every six months now because I’m seriously grossed out by roaches and dint want to take any chances. I’ve seen them outside in the street gutters and I don’t want them in my living spaces. When we started moving in to this house all was ok till I started opening drawers and cupboards in the kitchen and one of the bathrooms then I saw roaches and ants too. The only other bugs we get come in at night when we open the door as they’re all attracted to the lights- these bugs are easy enough to catch and throw out or they find their own way back outside. I’ve noticed the ants were not interested in the roach bait station and only bothered with the ant one.
What other crawlies are you meaning?

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Used it indoors and outdoors and I'm happy with it.
The vet is getting some in for me. They stock a different product made by by wombaro.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I have used all of the above. Living in Florida, palmetto bugs and ants are a given. And sometimes lizards. All of which make certain birds turn into screaming velociraptors.

We used an exterminator until we knew what he was using then did it ourselves. The gel works well on window ledges. I don't do the traps because the dog would probably get ahold of them. He was putting DE inside and outside so now, that's what we do. If you find a trail of ants, put some down. They'll be gone in no time. The bug man told me they carry it back to the nest, a know-it-all friend told me that's not true. Use your judgment.

AIL is used in the bird room and around the perimeter. You can also spray it directly on birds, I don't think I've ever done that.

DE is used everywhere, the thing about inhaling it is -- just don't inhale it. And don't make it into a cloud. Use an applicator that 'spits' it right where you want it. It's safe for birds and other pets, and you don't have to worry. We put it in the tray beneath the grates (for the birds that have grates). Some people suggest putting it in bird food because it deworms them. The cavy people say that too. *I don't use it for deworming.*

Darklotus555

Strolling the yard
I have a deathly fear of cockroaches especially American cockroaches. Try caulking the entire room. And do you have an window air conditioner? If you do, take pantyhose and cover the vent of the air conditioner to keep them from coming in through the air conditioner vent. Spray the room with a mixture of white vinegar, lemon juice and Dawn especially around places they may enter. Get sticky box traps and put them under furniture and near corners.

Lucas2019

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Maria
Yeah I actually cleaned his cage and they were inside the house I cleaned and washed it with hot water and like 6 of them came out it was disgusting , I am checking on him every night yesterday after I did that no one show up so I hope I did killed them all if not then the house might be infested and I would have to buy another cage for him I felt so sad and responsible for that :(

Darklotus555

Strolling the yard
It doesn't mean you're dirty because you have roaches...you can bring one in from the grocery store and it lays eggs and so forth. :(

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Girl, you need to contact who owns the building. It may need professional help. It may not be your home, but a neighbor perhaps.

I'm so sorry you are dealing with this.

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Only if they’re designed for the particular pests you’re wanting to rid of.
I am going to try out the AIL when it arrives on every bug I can find!
Saroj says it will rid of all types of bugs.

jzarc17

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jackie
Yep. I had roaches because of the food in the bird room . All gone. diluted spray once a week

Question, since you have used this have you noticed if you have had a reduction or eliminate of spiders in your home? I am phobic of spiders so this caught my interest.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Question, since you have used this have you noticed if you have had a reduction or eliminate of spiders in your home? I am phobic of spiders so this caught my interest.
I only have tiny spiders and they aren’t affected unfortunately :huh:

TwoTinyTrees

Avenue Veteran
I recently had a DISGUSTING neighbor move out who was a hoarder and when they bombed her place (3 times!) the roaches came over..it was awful! We used the gel and combat bait traps and had to move Honeypots cage several times to the point where I would use the raid roach spray (she was in another room with air purifier on & door closed) clean and then continue the process ..we would kill them by hand as well ...numbers have drastically reduced. Now we just see a few here and there ..but those combat traps really helped! I dont have any of the traps near Honeypot though..i do have 2 small kids and they have been fine as well. Its been about 2 weeks to get them under control...Good luck! Roaches are the wrost !

budgieluv3

Real Name
Bear (It's a nickname)
Good luck!

Lucas2019

Real Name
Maria
I recently had a DISGUSTING neighbor move out who was a hoarder and when they bombed her place (3 times!) the roaches came over..it was awful! We used the gel and combat bait traps and had to move Honeypots cage several times to the point where I would use the raid roach spray (she was in another room with air purifier on & door closed) clean and then continue the process ..we would kill them by hand as well ...numbers have drastically reduced. Now we just see a few here and there ..but those combat traps really helped! I dont have any of the traps near Honeypot though..i do have 2 small kids and they have been fine as well. Its been about 2 weeks to get them under control...Good luck! Roaches are the wrost !
So far is under control no more in Lucas cage , but I bought those combat traps and yes an I am planning not to put any around Lucas cage . So far the house cleaning has helped yay