• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I don’t know what to do .

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
it won’t have any chemicals coming out ?
The product (bait) is inside the plastic hut. It won´t come out if you just place them down where you want them to go.

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
I've been been using Terro traps for ants at Shawna's (and probably a others') recommendation and they've been great. I also have cats, so I definitely needed something they couldn't get into.

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
The insects just got into the plastic container.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
traps for ants
I put ant traps out on my balcony over the summer, there were no issues with the doves or sparrows :)

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Hopefully the cockroach doesn’t carry a poison particle into the bird cage.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I use them bait stations for ants and roaches (now more as a preventative measure not because we have insects anymore) in the tray of my bird cages and all over the house and I have had no issues whatsoever. I really can not be comfortable living in a house with mice, roaches or ants so I would rather keep them away than allow them to spread disease. I used so many of them bait stations and gel tubes when I first moved to the house I live in now as there were roaches partying all over the kitchen when the old people moved out and I am so grossed out by how filthy roaches are that I used the bait stations and the gel all over my house and I used way more of them than suggested. Bait stations now just live in the bottom tray of all my cages in the hopes that any roaches or ants that may venture into my house and into the bird cages looking for food scraps will be interested in the baits instead of my bird food- I have had no issues at all with either of my birds. Unless your bird is likely to eat a whole roach then I would think that you would be safe.

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's one thing I've always worried about...finding one of my boys nibbling on a dead roach before I found it!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I use them bait stations for ants and roaches (now more as a preventative measure not because we have insects anymore) in the tray of my bird cages and all over the house and I have had no issues whatsoever. I really can not be comfortable living in a house with mice, roaches or ants so I would rather keep them away than allow them to spread disease. I used so many of them bait stations and gel tubes when I first moved to the house I live in now as there were roaches partying all over the kitchen when the old people moved out and I am so grossed out by how filthy roaches are that I used the bait stations and the gel all over my house and I used way more of them than suggested. Bait stations now just live in the bottom tray of all my cages in the hopes that any roaches or ants that may venture into my house and into the bird cages looking for food scraps will be interested in the baits instead of my bird food- I have had no issues at all with either of my birds. Unless your bird is likely to eat a whole roach then I would think that you would be safe.
Agree about cleanliness. My agent of choice is the non toxic AIL sprayed along the baseboards. No ants no roaches no anything!

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Agree about cleanliness. My agent of choice is the non toxic AIL sprayed along the baseboards. No ants no roaches no anything!
I thought that was more for removing lice from aviary birds. Is the vetafarm AIL the one you use? I had a quick look at it just now and it does say it rids of many insects but roaches are not on the list. If it does work then I might buy some so my mum can stop complaining about not being allowed to use fly spray lol.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I thought that was more for removing lice from aviary birds. Is the vetafarm AIL the one you use? I had a quick look at https://vetafarm.com/product/avian-insect-liquidator/it just now and it does say it rids of many insects but roaches are not on the list. If it does work then I might buy some so my mum can stop complaining about not being allowed to use fly spray lol.
Yep. I had roaches because of the food in the bird room . All gone. diluted spray once a week

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Ok! I’ll pick some up then. Thanks so much for the information!! I honestly was of the belief it was only for bird mites and lice.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Exterminator! They treat the outside perimeter. You can use glue traps in the house.

If you own, hire a Co to do the outside. If you rent, complain to the management Company.

They can use a bait inside nowhere near Lucas and you will be fine.

Jusgetinby

Meeting neighbors
I don't know but if your in the United States call your local city, I know if you live close to a sewer hole or water, they will come out for free to investigate, if they see there sewers are an area that is owned by them they will take action right away to clean up the roast infestation and it's kinda free, you won't be charged, the city take care of it.

Lucas2019

Real Name
Maria
I don't know but if your in the United States call your local city, I know if you live close to a sewer hole or water, they will come out for free to investigate, if they see there sewers are an area that is owned by them they will take action right away to clean up the roast infestation and it's kinda free, you won't be charged, the city take care of it.
Thanks

Lucas2019

Real Name
Maria
Exterminator! They treat the outside perimeter. You can use glue traps in the house.

If you own, hire a Co to do the outside. If you rent, complain to the management Company.

They can use a bait inside nowhere near Lucas and you will be fine.
They suggest some traps I will do that as well the owner won’t do anything about it and another one was near his cage again I don’t know ‍♀ anymore poor of my Lucas