• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures i don’t know if my lovebird egg is gonna hatch

stefaniaabadea

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Stefania Badea
i need help, my beautiful lovebird laid 3 eggs, 2 of them are infertile and one of them look like it’s fertile but i don’t know if it’s going to hatch.
upload_2018-12-25_16-43-13.jpeg upload_2018-12-25_16-43-28.jpeg upload_2018-12-25_16-43-13.jpeg

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Anfsurfer

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tim
How old are the eggs? Are they being properly incubated? If they're fertile and have been properly incubated, you would see Red veins inside after a week.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Is your hen with a male? (sounds silly but it is valid).
You said she laid 3 eggs but there is more in the picture, what are the others?
When did she lay the eggs? Is she sitting on them?
Also, if you candle the eggs too soon, they will appear ´´infertile´´. Recently, I candled my clutch after a week because there was 10 eggs. So obviously the hen (Aldora) had laid 2 clutches because, her last clutch hatched and I got Lapis and Nube. I had marked the eggs too. 1-4 were infertile. 5 I was unsure of. 6 7 and 8 had babies. 9 and 10 looked infertile, but i knew they were fresh. I tossed eggs 123and4 so that they would not impede the others.
My egg 5 never hatched, all the rest did. So best leave it be if you are unsure.
From the photo it is hard to tell, but if it is fertile you will see the red lines (veins) very clearly.