• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures I did it.

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
I hope you all don't think badly of me but I couldn't look at that empty cage any more. And I miss Bella so much. So after I got my eyes examined, I went to the Enclosure and sat with the baby for an hour. I taught him to step up and how to like scritches. He cuddled up to me and fell asleep and when I put him down on the blanket, he ran to me. I know that it is weird but it was like Bella sent me this little one. He is not a replacement but hopefully will help me heal. He will be able to come home in a couple of weeks, which will allow me to get ready for him. I guess I need to name him. Any suggestions? Also, I want to thank everyone for their kind words. They really meant a lot to me and helped me decide to go ahead and get this baby. IMG_7707.jpeg

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Awwww❤❤❤

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Looks like a "Spike" to me. :D

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Oh. My. Word.

What a cutie patootie!!!

I am so happy for you. I wanted to give you the thumbs up, heart eyes, and the laugh all at once, because that’s what I felt.
We know that he’s not a replacement bird. There could never be a replacement for Bella, either in real life or in your heart.

I think Teeto or Tonto.

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I'm very happy for you, Theresa. He's such a precious little 'spike' ball!

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
Oh. My. Word.

What a cutie patootie!!!

I am so happy for you. I wanted to give you the thumbs up, heart eyes, and the laugh all at once, because that’s what I felt.
We know that he’s not a replacement bird. There could never be a replacement for Bella, either in real life or in your heart.

I think Teeto or Tonto.
I am still unbelievably sad because Bella was such a presence but knowing that this little one is coming home has slowed the tears and is giving me something to look forward to. Also when he buried his head into my elbow, it felt right.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Yay!!! I am so glad you went ahead and got this baby!

I do believe you have done the right thing to help your heart heal :heart:
Giving and receiving love is probably the fastest way to heal any broken heart, so if anyone is down on you then they do not understand what it is like to go from showering another with love to having all that love building up going nowhere and just sitting in your heart causing heavy hurt...... don't worry about those people! Be busy pouring your love into this little fluffer :heart2:

:congrats5:

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
Actually I was thinking the same thing. But I wasn't sure about going from a Princess to a Spike.
Awwww what a cute little guy. :heart: Congrats Theresa he will help mend that heart a bit! Sir Spike maybe if you really like Spike :)

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
God created the path and you followed. He knew what your heart needed! You've been chosen by this special little one and I'm so happy for you! I'm fond of the name Jesse ( which was the name we had chosen for our beloved standard poodle- poor little one had so many problems as a puppy we could only settle on this name for in Hebrew it meant "God Exists". Though I do also think "Harry" would be a good name too.... Prince Harry is such a kind soul...

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Oh my goodness how adorable! :heart:

Skum

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Bruce Bergeson
I hope you all don't think badly of me but I couldn't look at that empty cage any more. And I miss Bella so much. So after I got my eyes examined, I went to the Enclosure and sat with the baby for an hour. I taught him to step up and how to like scritches. He cuddled up to me and fell asleep and when I put him down on the blanket, he ran to me. I know that it is weird but it was like Bella sent me this little one. He is not a replacement but hopefully will help me heal. He will be able to come home in a couple of weeks, which will allow me to get ready for him. I guess I need to name him. Any suggestions? Also, I want to thank everyone for their kind words. They really meant a lot to me and helped me decide to go ahead and get this baby. View attachment 339504
Beautiful! my tiel died of cancer in Dec., I didn't think I'd want another but purchased a baby who I visited once a week whilst he was being raised. I've had him two weeks now and we're best mates. All the best!

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I'm so glad you did this.

If you like Spike, Prince Spike? Wasn't there a song that said "P.S, I love you?"

Skum

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Bruce Bergeson
I'm so glad you did this.

If you like Spike, Prince Spike? Wasn't there a song that said "P.S, I love you?"
An oldie, Henry my previous tiel was grey normal, Ivan's white headed Cinnamon. Wanted another grey normal, they didn't have any, now I find Ivan really beautiful.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
He’s so cute!! :heart: :heart: :heart: I think it’s wonderful that you are going to open your heart and home to another special little friend. I’m sure he will help you heal, and I know that Bella would approve. I can’t wait to hear all about him!:cheer: