• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I desperately need help with my baby quail!

Jnbettis84

Checking out the neighborhood
To make a long story short, my uncle hatches quail eggs in an incubator, moves them to a brooder and this is where I found my little baby. On Sunday I went to visit and found my little one laying straight out in the brooder, originally I thought he was dead, but when I went to remove him and notify my uncle, he started moving and breathing. My uncle said to just put him back and let nature take its course, but I couldn't. So I brought him home and am now on a mission to get him all better. He has a TON of energy and peeps very loudly. I have been able to get him to drink minimum amounts of water using an eye dropper. I went yesterday and purchased some starter feed, an vitamin supplement that was recommended, and boiled an egg.
The only real issue I am having is that he will not walk, he cannot even stand up. His toes were curled, so I looked up a fix for that and taped his toes yesterday. For the most part he lays flat and will scoot himself around the container I currently have him in. The problem with this is that he cannot drink and eat on his own. I have only been able to get him to eat a couple of bites of the egg and minimum water, but he is not lacking in motivation to live. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get him up walking? The picture below is
before I taped his toes. This is how he lays in his container and scoots. I do not want to give up on this little guy because I do feel like he wants to live.
WIN_20220712_09_14_01_Pro.jpg

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew