• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I can't find the block a person or thread?

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
If someone were to block me, for what ever reason, would I know it? Can you tell if somebody blocks you?
I think one person blocked me because I have replied to their threads a couple of times and get completely ignored. (Which is kind of hurtful considering the fact that I've only been nice and tried to help:sad14:) I think that would be the only way to know

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
I think one person blocked me because I have replied to their threads a couple of times and get completely ignored. (Which is kind of hurtful considering the fact that I've only been nice and tried to help:sad14:) I think that would be the only way to know
I think some people don't bother to reply . On some thread many people answer the Op's post .

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
I think some people don't bother to reply . On some thread many people answer the Op's post .
That's a possibility because I know I sometimes don't reply to every post when I get overwhelmed by many responses. But I'm pretty sure in this particular case I've been blocked. :lol:

Thank you for trying to make me feel better though!

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
A lot of times I’ll skim through and think I’ll go reply later, like I”m on my phone and can type faster on the computer at home. But I forget. So perhaps it’s something like that.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
If someone has blocked you, that's usually more a reflection on them, not you. Don't take it personally. You're always kind and helpful that I've seen :)

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
I've gotten that feeling as well! I hope not, but even if that's not the case, if there is any helpful advice, other members may still be able to learn from it. :)

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
I've gotten that feeling as well! I hope not, but even if that's not the case, if there is any helpful advice, other members may still be able to learn from it. :)
Sometimes even non members will pick something up. Before I joined this forum, I kept stumbling on it for info...which was why I joined.

The drama and stress of blocking is not for me. I would rather stick around and see what happens. I was only really irritated to the point of blocking once... this op must have been trolling us, and I just didn't have time for it. Like dear humans of the internet, this is a forum for birds at the end of the day. Many better options for getting your troll jollies off.

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
It's really odd that you could ever block any Staff member even on the old software. It is the staff's responsibility to watch the forum in general and I would think that would include any posts submitted by anyone at anytime no matter what. :chin:

If I don't care for something someone say that much I just scroll and move on. If you block someone you could potentially loose out on good info at some point.:shrug: :2cents:

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
No one could ignore an admin on the old software either ;) You could ignore a thread but not an admin

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
As far as I'm aware, no. I've blocked people in the past and they didn't seem any wiser :lol:
If you are Ignoring someone though, you used to get a message on the page of the thread that there was "Ignored Content" and you (the one Ignoring) had a choice whether to view that person's post or not.