• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I believe these are all forms of excitment/hapliness/ comfort in being with me but can someone verify?

Birblover7

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Josie
My sun conure (undetermined gender) always shakes her wings and bobs her head when I walk in the room. This is usually followed with (and very quickly) her flying on me. She also screams the second I put her down until I pick her back up again

She always burrows under my blankets and makes little happy grunts and fluffs up

And then finally she sometimes leans against me/ something on me and lays on her side. She lifts her foot up and fluffs up
I'll attatch a picture I took of her doing it earlier!

Just wanted to confirm these are all healthy happy behaviours :)

Attachments

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
She looks happy to me, just be careful if you haven't had her long because they can get nippy and aggressive once they settle in. She might have decided your her favorite person and mostly stay like that but just be aware they can trigger and get bitey.
Pippen is a Yellow sided Green Cheek Conure and she likes me but she also gets really wound up and wants to nip and nibble on my fingers. I tell her to be gentle and she usually backs off and plays nice while she gets scritches.
Hope she continues to be a cuddle bug for you

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
So sweet :)

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
My sister has a Sun Conure that does the exact same things as yours, minus the screaming. Her Sun is full grown, and most of these behaviors are attached to the mating/finding a mate cycle. Hers also will court different folk who visit, as she has not fostered this mating bond her bird wants.

While the behavior is cute and adoring, it can lead to jealousy, and aggression on your bird's side if it does make the decision your it's mate. I think most of the folk on AA would advise you to keep it a simpler relationship. Distance yourself a bit from the snuggling and petting. Teach your baby some behaviors that allow it to play independently.

How old is your bird, and what's the name?

Birblover7

Real Name
Josie
My conure only has one other person she doesn't bite when they try to hold her. Ive had had her for 6 months and she gets more and more attatched every month
She's never shown aggression towards me since day 1, but she did randomly go from loving my mom to hating her and biting her everytime she comes close in like month 2? Not sure what happened. Mom thinks it's because she saw her catching another bird with a towel.

Birblover7

Real Name
Josie
She's 5 years old and her name is loli
Though were unsure on her gender I've been calling her a her since day 1