• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent I believe my cockatiel has conjunctivitis

Myah33012

Moving in
Real Name
Myah
I think my cockatiel has conjunctivitis and I don’t know what to do! Her eye is all swollen and I see blood on her neck so I think she’s also been bleeding out of her eye a little too! I’m so scared because I don’t have a ton of money to visit a vet for proper care, I feel so horrible and I don’t want her to be in pain but i‘ve never gone through this before so I’m so lost and confused! Does anyone have some low budget answers?

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
Im really sorry to hear this i really am.
I would beg and borrow from family and friends. This is an avian veterinarian situation. Eyes are delicate and important and can be a sign of a systemic illness thst the veterinarian can treat with antibiotics.
Eyes hurt when they have infection or injury.

Reactions: tka

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
If you could tell us a general location where you are United States or overseas we might be able to help you find out that is reasonably cost.

Myah33012

Moving in
Real Name
Myah
Hey sorry for the late reply but I have an update, we got some saline from store and have been cleaning her eyes we also got some medicine for my cockatiel snowy if she doesn’t get any better we will take her to the vet but this is seemingly the best course of action so far because the vets around me are closed for the weekend, besides her eyes being a little swollen she’s keeping most of her normal behaviors and still eating quite a lot, tomorrow I’m going to deep clean their cage for further treatment and we put the medication on 1-4 times a day, I think I made the original post sound a lot worse than it actually was because I haven’t had this happen before but see seems to be doing okay, I’m also checking for signs of distress and if I notice any other problems but so far nothing, this is my first time owning a cockatiel so everything that happens is new and scary but if I have an update I will update. I don’t know if this has really anything to do with this issue but a few weeks ago she fractured her wing (we don’t know what caused it to fracture) so she could‘ve started to develop this out of stress but that’s all I got so far. Thank you for all the people who responded in my time of need I really do appreciate it. :)