• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I am

Hina imran

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Hina imran
what happened to my budgies?
I told in my last threat that i found a dead baby of 2-3 days at the bottom of the cage and the second egg is disappear from the clutch of 5 eggs.

Today i found 1 egg with half egg shell open, thr baby was dead inside the egg.

What is the cause of all this weird situation...???
Literally i am crying for my budgies.

I need suggestion... can i put the rest of two eggs into another nest box of budgies who lay a clutch of 4 eggs???

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Bump! I'm not sure about budgies maybe someone will be able to help you.

@Lady Jane
@Zara (maybe)

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
How old are the parents? We could be looking at parents that are too young. Does the nest box have a round hollow at the bottom? What bedding are you using? Day and night temperatures? Are the parents fit and disease free? What are the parents eating?

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
How old are the parents? We could be looking at parents that are too young. Does the nest box have a round hollow at the bottom? What bedding are you using? Day and night temperatures? Are the parents fit and disease free? What are the parents eating?
:bighug:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
can i put the rest of two eggs into another nest box of budgies who lay a clutch of 4 eggs???
If they were not laid at the same time then no. They need to be same age so they hatch together, otherwise you will have big chicks on top of small chicks.
Do you have an incubator? Can you find someone nearby who has one you can use or will lend you one?

Good questions.
Immature, inexperience or vitmamin deficiancies could cause these things.
Has this pair ever successfully bred before?
Remember that just being able to breed, doesn´t mean that they should. Budgies can breed at 6 months old, however it is not recommended until they are a year old. The birds must also be on a healthy diet for at least 6 months before breeding.

Is there any way you can set up a micro camera in the nest? It could be helpful if you are breeding birds to see what is going on.

Noah's_Birds

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Noah Till
Usually all breeding birds require a test run in their first attempts of breeding, they will get it right eventually
Thanks

Untitled.png

Hina imran

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Hina imran
@Ripshod
First of all sorry for the late reply... my internet is not working....

The pair is more then 2 years... they are disease free and healthy.... they raise successful 2 clutches before this unsuccessful clutch...the nest box is flat from bottom as it is a wooden box.... i used wood shaving as bedding....

They eat soaked lentils and wheet
I also gave them veggies and green leaves along with bird mix seed
I also gave them boiled egg once a week

Hina imran

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Hina imran
@Ripshod @Zara
As i told earlier my internet is not working so unable to reply u...
They throw rest of two eggs as they were infertile...

PoukieBear

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
@PoukieBear
Yes i remove the nest box so they can take rest . After six months i will again give them nest box

I would not recommend breeding this pair again, or you may end up with another clutch where they don't look after the eggs or chicks and you'll be in this mess again.

Take this time to do some more research on breeding, and how to handle situations like this so that you are more prepared the next time around.
Before breeding ANY pair or birds, you need to be prepared for the worst. Breeding is not all sunshine and rainbows.

Have your birds vet checked.
Buy a breeding box with a concave bottom.
Feed your birds a proper breeding diet.
Ask your vet (or a local breeder) to show you the proper way to hand feed in case you have to.
Have all hand feeding supplies already on hand, so you're not scrambling at the last minute to buy them.
(Formula, syringes, spoons, incubator box, weigh scale ect.)
Make sure you can take several weeks off work/school full time if you have to hand feed the chicks.
Make sure you have homes lined up for any potential chicks. Or make sure you have enough cages for them all if you decide to keep them.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!