• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I am thrilled beyond thrilled!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cannuck

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Danielle
I don't know any one else that is owned by an amazon! On another forum I belong to there is only one other amazon! I am sooooo happy to be here!:dance5::hug8:

We share our life with Maggie, our 20 + year old Red Lored Amazon. He is wild caught and pinioned so he will never be able to fly. He came to us as a rehome from a couple who did not know what they were getting in to. They asked me to take him because I was the "bird lady", lol. To think I almost said no! We have worked very hard to earn his trust, accepting him as he was, switching his diet, working with his beak (it is scissored due to malnutrition). Our patience and acceptance has been rewarded with his trust and his love. He is my dearest companion, and tolerates the rest of the family well though is nervous of strangers. He is very gentle and patient with children though and entertained them on several occasions, when I have done a children's parrot program!

We are thrilled to be here amongst other 'Zon" people!

:dancing:

Attachments

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You are in great Amazon company here :D I have two red lored amazons, they are neat birds for sure. How sad that he had been pinioned :( Im sure he is a happy bird being in a loving home, thats what matters most :hug8:

Blazeybird

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Houston
Welcome! There are tons of Zons on the Avenue! So im sure you guys will fit right on in :D

Billie Faye

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
Danielle, Welcome to the Neighborhood!
I have Amazons, all but one is wild caught and in their 20's also...4 OW, 2 BF, 1 YF the baby of the bunch and was hatched in CT!
They love to play in water and splash each other and get sprayed....Always chattering away to each other also during the day....:hug8:

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Wow he is absloutely beautiful! You have done a great job with him! :)

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
He is very sweet looking and beautifufl. I too have a Red Lored. He's only two and is starting to get some yellow on his cheeks. Your Zon does look like he's enjoying life as he should be. :hug8:

Cannuck

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Danielle
Thank you! We are very blessed to have him in our lives!

Here is my favorite video of him! It is said that amazon can't carry a tune but don't tell them that! Lol! You be the judge!

YouTube - Big Maggie Singing????

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
And WE are thrilled to Have You and Maggie here on the Avenue with Us:hug8:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
You sound like a real "bird brain" and great parront. This is where you belong. With us. :hug8:

akijoy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
She's just gorgeous! My heart belongs to my lovely mealy amazon, Sam.
You're welcome here!!!:heart:

Stevo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
Thank you! We are very blessed to have him in our lives!

Here is my favorite video of him! It is said that amazon can't carry a tune but don't tell them that! Lol! You be the judge!

YouTube - Big Maggie Singing????
If 'quack quaaack quack quack' were a song Maggie'd be an instant star! Great rhythm :laughing12::laughing12: That's a great video, she seems so happy and full of life. :hug8:

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
maggie is a star here already! Her singing cracked me up, what a beautiful bird you have. Hope you are going to be telling us lots about her in the future.
I have a hybrid Macaw living with us since July this year and they are something else. Welcome.:hug8:

tracie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tracie
Welcome to the Avenue. I have a YNA amazon and he is the light of my life. Almost every day he says something that just cracks me up. Maggie is just beautiful!

TITANIS

You have a beautiful RLA. It's too bad that his wings were butchered and wasn't properly fed all these years. Well, now he's in your care and hopefully you can undo some of the damage. :hug8:

Alex

Take a stroll down the Avenue!
Isnt it great to be able to talk to people with the same birds as you! Forums are awesome!

Great that you took in the amazon as a rehome. There is something different about a rehome :)

MommyBird

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
Welcome Danielle and Maggie. I loved his song.
I have 2 older rehomed Amazons myself, and like Maggie, they had a bit of a rough time and bad diet but they are so joyful now.

Tamara

Real Name
Tamara R Money
Welcome! We have a OWA! :dance4:

Status
Not open for further replies.