• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I am so undecided and hope for replies

scoobie57

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Mark
Thanks as I look at the beak on a love bird I think to myself wow that would hurt if he bit hard!! the cockatiels beak is not as big but I bet still can hurt I went back today to play with both and there both nice BUT I cannot take them both. If they are gone in a few days, then I will keep looking I am not going to rush it

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
I vote BOTH! :roflmao: I have a lovebird, a black capped conure, two linnies, and three cats! We have a routine and everyone seems to be happy.

scoobie57

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Mark
Oh, one more thought >>>> mess. I hear there are food bowls that the cockatiel has to go in to eat? this way it will help control a messy floor.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Oh, one more thought >>>> mess. I hear there are food bowls that the cockatiel has to go in to eat? this way it will help control a messy floor.
Taking a bird into your home is a compromise - no matter what you do they will always make some mess.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I hear there are food bowls that the cockatiel has to go in to eat? this way it will help control a messy floor.
You will still have some mess from any poops that come over the tray and also from toys being destroyed. Also, some birds will pick up a veggie and take it elsewhere to eat it which could result in it falling to the floor or being flung.
I prefer my floor cages (ones on their own stands) as they are much easier to clean this mess.

Reactions: tka

scoobie57

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Mark
This is the baby I am considering getting I wonder if it is a boy?? the orange patches are bright. This baby is a hand fed baby well socialized 10 weeks old and eating Roudebush pellets, broccoli, various other things as well as millet and cocktail seed mix as a treat. I can have it if I want, I decided to take a few days to think. These people that have it are very good to it and will hold until Tuesday. Your thoughts?

Attachments

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Aw, so cute and looks very healthy and alert. I think if you feel a connection with him or her then go for it.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Very pretty bird. No offense to anyone but I would take in a cockatiel any day before a lovebird.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
No offense to anyone but I would take in a cockatiel any day before a lovebird.
And I would take a lovebird any day over a cockatiel ;) we all have our own preferences :)

DurgaRose

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Emily
I still am struggling with deciding
I have a Lovebird and he is wonderful! He may not sit in one place for long, like on his play gym BUT, he will do his own thing. Lovies LOVE to explore and play! He loves checking out the cupboards, going inside paper bags, going into my walk in closets, playing in the shower curtain etc. My Kiwee is very intelligent and has a very big personality! He isn't cuddly but is very affectionate. He loves being near me, and will nuzzle up against my neck or go in my shirt and poke his little head out! but like I said, he will also go off and do his own thing. He understands lots of commands, will fly to me when I call him and we also have lots of little games we play that he loves. He definitely can be quite noisy and there are some days it drives me a bit nuts! Lovies don't sing like Tiels but sort of have a high pitched squeek like chirp. But I do hafto say when he is excited and playing he makes the most adorable little happy squeeks though! I would also consider him more high maintenance then my other bird which is a Green Cheek Conure. Kiwee is just very attached to me, and probably a bit spoiled and wants to be out ALL THE TIME! But that is probably my fault. I don't think Lovies are for everyone and it did take months for me to gain his trust. He was very afraid of me when he first came home but that first time he flew onto my shoulder was the BEST!!! It is so rewarding to earn a birds trust and love :heart2: Good luck with your decision.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
As I had mentioned in another post, I think you should actually hold off on getting any birds and work with your budgies first.

Now, if you really want to get a third bird, you certainly can and still work with the budgies! I don't think it would hurt to work with them first and get an idea of how to interact with them before getting a bird that may require more attention because the bird was hand raised vs being parent raised.