• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I am Heart Broken to write this post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs. PBJ

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kat
Im sorry, Im going to be brutally honest with you. Id leave aman if he was so dominating and not understanding like your hubby is being.

Skylar is being a bird, he has chosen his mate and like most men (myapologies to all the wonderful men here, you are special and are not in this category) always try to dominate things and prove their "higher power" and "intelligence". Your hubby needs toaccept tthat this love bird has chosen a mate, and to stop trying to touch with his hands. Its plain this lovie is afraid of hands . And thats why he flew to your hubby to attack his hands.

Skylar is very misunderstood right now. He is going through hormones. ALL BIRDS go through this stage at the time of sexual maturity.

I'd rather dump a man like that and be homeless and live at my moms than be in a relationship like that.
To be honest EJ is the complete opposite. He is very careing and such he was angry he was not trying to accert dominance in anyway. He was hurt and mad he even took the ad down for skylar and emailed me.

He does not try to touch skylar he reads ever post I make he may not go looking for other info but he knows my rule and what they have been.

He took it down and then went to let skylar out of the cage.

He was hurt it hurt his feelings more then anything he felt like he saved Skylar to and he was hurt.

He also does not understand that Skylar being a bird only picks one person.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole

OH Carole, I did not think that at all! I am sooo glad you brought it up actually! It's important. ;)
Oh good..whew..I don't want to make anyone upset. So hard to read intentions sometimes in words.:p It may or may not be safe.... according to the veterinarian documents, and articles it is not. But why risk it?
I hope you can keep Skylar, and both you and hubby learn to read birdy body language. I would not suggest that you leave him over it though. Perhaps try to work together to have a harmonious & happy life. If Skylar does not want anything to do with hubby, he may try working with him with you being out of the equation. I wish you the best.:hug8:

Billie Faye

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
When working with birds, we as humans, have to do away with our "being hurt" or having our feelings hurt with birds....this is NOT their intentions...but OUR interpretation and it doesn't work...
Bird bite for a reason, TRUST and earning that trust takes awhile with birds...Yes, a lot of birds will pick one person they like over the other person....that "odd man out" has to realize that and make adjustments...he can still be in the "flock" so to speak but give respect to the bird....and sometimes, the bird will "change" its mind and take to the "odd man out" over time...I have seen it happen here with my birds...:hug8:

Mrs. PBJ

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kat
Hubby said skylar can stay as long as I am the main care giver. which is fine with me he only takes care of him when I am sick or not here.

And he told me to make a apology for him he just was angry and said things he did not mean

CarmieJo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Carmie
I am so glad to hear that you have worked it all out!

CKJ

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Cindy
Kat, so happy everything turned out for Skyar & you ~

shellbeme

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Shelly
I'm glad to hear things are better. :) It takes a bit to understand birds, and it's hard to live in your house with an animal whos actions sometimes seem to say it doesn't like you a whole lot. Kudos to him for putting for the effort to understand what's happening.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
:hug8:

Status