• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I am going to try dehydrating sprouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

piercesdesigns

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Debbie
I am always fearful of sprouts in the cages because of bacteria so I am going to sprout for mung beans and lentils and dehydrate them.

I have read that if you do that and grind them you have super powerfully nutritious flour.

Ede-bird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Maureen
That is a good idea - there used to be a bakery around here that made bread from the flour made from sprouted wheat and other grains. Apparently very nutritious and did not trigger wheat allergies once sprouted. Keep us posted about how well it works! :)

Last edited:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
I make sprouts about 2xs a week, usually botht he grey/white sunflower seed and black and white sunflower seed. Would dehydrating them cut the nutrients out of the sprouts?

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
I am always fearful of sprouts in the cages because of bacteria so I am going to sprout for mung beans and lentils and dehydrate them.

I have read that if you do that and grind them you have super powerfully nutritious flour.

that sounds good
i've never sprouted seeds, didn't have to the birds do a good job of that on their own :rofl:

of course I don't give it to them because by the time I notice it it's stuck in my sink drain stopper thingy

Kaycee is a good one at least 3xs during the week when i change her water I go back in the bathroom to do the next birds water and there's sprouted seeds in my sink :lol:

ok that made it sound like i only change her water 3xs a week LMAO - I hope y'all know what I mean The words just aren't coming to my head it hurts too bad to think straight

piercesdesigns

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Debbie
I make sprouts about 2xs a week, usually botht he grey/white sunflower seed and black and white sunflower seed. Would dehydrating them cut the nutrients out of the sprouts?
The dehydrator I have (Excaliber) is made to prepare "raw food" which is food that still contains live enzymes. If you keep it under 125, the nutrients should remain.

Status
Not open for further replies.