• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I am a new member..

Liberty Birds

Moving in
Real Name
Terri Lynn
Hello Everyone! I am a new member. I found this forum while google searching on wet sneezes in budgies.

I have two parrots. An English Budgie named, Berry George and a Crimson Bellied Conure, named Gus.

Berry George is just over one year old. And, Gus is almost 5months old. Both were hand fed as babies.

We also have an Aussie dog named Ruby. She thinks that she is an Avian as well... Our Conure will ride on Ruby's back as though she were a horse offering a ride.

My Budgie sneezed a couple of wet sneezes in my face tonight while just sitting on my finger as usual. He does not have any other signs and seems very healthy... I was concern d so found y'all here.

I am looking forward to being a member of this forum!

Liberty Birds

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Welcome.

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
welcome!
do you need any help finding an avian vet?

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Hello and thanks for joining us. Sneezes are not a normal occurrence in a bird. First I would check to see if there is any foreign material on or near the nose. Second I would not hesitate to have this bird examined by an avian vet because birds can get ill very quickly and hide it well. Please keep us informed.

HawkEagle

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Paulina
A very warm welcome! We are very glad that you joined our forum.
However, as Lady Jane remarked, it is unusual to have a sneezing budgie. I am planning on getting budgies this November, and have found several clinics in London Area. From those clinics I have heard that any sign of being unwell from a bird should be examined as soon as possible! If you tell us whereabouts you live, members might be able to recommend good avian veterinarians!

Thank you for joining Avian Avenue,
Paulina

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome! I was always advised that an occasional dry sneeze is okay but that wet sneezes require a vet check. I hope your birdie is okay.

Animallover03

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Audrey
:welcome2:

WendyN

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Welcome!
:fairy:

Liberty Birds

Moving in
Real Name
Terri Lynn
Thank You Everyone for your warm welcome! I am encouraged by your wisdom. I live in the Santa Barbara, California area. We are Central Coast here.

My Budgie does not have any other signs, at least that are visible. His cere is clear. There is no sign of moisture around his beak, nose or other... I do not want to miss any health concerns. I will try to get him in to see a vet asap.. I am scheduled to have an MRI done today on my brain. Ugh! I know, it is always life throwing mulitple things at once at us! If I can not take Berry George in myself, I Will ask a friend for help. I love my birds. A lot!

If anyone can recommend a good Avain vet in my area please let me know. I am familiar with Dr. Sellers. I am not sure if there is any others in SB county.

What a wonderful group!

Sincerely, Liberty Birds

Attachments

Liberty Birds

Moving in
Real Name
Terri Lynn
Oh Thank You, Lady Jane. That is the very same one I am planning on taking my Budgie to see. Update: Berry George has not sneezed once today!

WendyN

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Hi, Terri Lynn,
I live in Ventura County.
You might give the Menagerie a call to see if they might recommend an avian vet.
Menagerie
2430 Lillie Avenue
Summerland CA 93067
Tel. (805) 565-1807
Hope your little one is ok.
Wendy, Joey's mom

Liberty Birds

Moving in
Real Name
Terri Lynn
Oh, Wendy that is a Great idea. The Menagerie is where I bought Berry George from. I will see whom they recommend for him to be seen by? Have you ever gone to Dr. Sellers?

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Welcome!

I'm glad you're going to have Berry George checked...it's good you noticed the sneezing, it's something a lot of people might not catch. Even it turns out not to be of importance, a wellness check is always a good thing.

Hope everything turns out OK with your MRI today...

Liberty Birds

Moving in
Real Name
Terri Lynn
Here is a better picture of Berry George! He is a Double Factor Yellow sided, English Budgie... He is finally growing in his full tail.

WendyN

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
No have not taken my babes there. But if I lived in beautiful S.B., I would give her a try. I believe the vet's name is Christine Sellers.
I have gone to vets in Ventura who are used by most of the bird owners in town. The closest certified avian vet is in Calabasas/Northridge.
Wish you luck!