• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I Also Have Cockatoos and Don't Post Enough Photos

Sparkles!

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Be. Super. Careful.

Second showers are seriously dangerous. They can cause all sorts of trouble.

Take it from someone who knows. It starts with a cute little ask for a second shower. It ends like, “I’m going to scream until I can spend an hour in there” and “I’m going to riot and destroy things until you let me bathe as long as it takes to use up all the hot water” and “I wanna shower like a 16 year old girl going out on a first date or I’m wrecking the curtains”. I fear you’ve only opened the gate now. I’ll begin praying for you.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Be. Super. Careful.

Second showers are seriously dangerous. They can cause all sorts of trouble.

Take it from someone who knows. It starts with a cute little ask for a second shower. It ends like, “I’m going to scream until I can spend an hour in there” and “I’m going to riot and destroy things until you let me bathe as long as it takes to use up all the hot water” and “I wanna shower like a 16 year old girl going out on a first date or I’m wrecking the curtains”. I fear you’ve only opened the gate now. I’ll begin praying for you.
:coffeescreen::rofl:

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Tonight, hubby thought he could eat yogurt in peace. He was ambushed before he even got to take his first bite. :toofunny: Silly Hubby!
Screenshot_20220523-205247_Gallery.jpg

He surrendered long enough for me to stop laughing and take a picture, but then I had to dislodge the girls and give everybirdy their "dinner seeds".

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Tonight, hubby thought he could eat yogurt in peace. He was ambushed before he even got to take his first bite. :toofunny: Silly Hubby!
View attachment 407854

He surrendered long enough for me to stop laughing and take a picture, but then I had to dislodge the girls and give everybirdy their "dinner seeds".
Aww what an awesome pic :heart:

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
And I suppose I'd better post these pics of Bowl-gita so everyone can see what a goof little Miss Luv Bug is. :rolleyes:
20220412_182629.jpg 20220412_182522.jpg
She snips the toys to bits, then I scoop a handful of pieces into the bowl on one of the playstands & she sits in it and ants every last piece! :laugh:

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Love your pics :)

scrape

Celebirdy of the Month
And I suppose I'd better post these pics of Bowl-gita so everyone can see what a goof little Miss Luv Bug is. :rolleyes:
View attachment 407861 View attachment 407862
She snips the toys to bits, then I scoop a handful of pieces into the bowl on one of the playstands & she sits in it and ants every last piece! :laugh:
Oh my goodness how sweet! Even sweeter because she reminds me of a goffin girl pair at the rescue that got adopted. One of them loved to ant! I miss those two.

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Oh my goodness how sweet! Even sweeter because she reminds me of a goffin girl pair at the rescue that got adopted. One of them loved to ant! I miss those two.
So happy they were adopted together. And yes, Miss Luv Bug is a dedicated, full-blown anting enthusiast! :joyful: None of our other birds have done it. :shrug2:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Russell loves to ant as well. Maybe a cockatoo thing?

scrape

Celebirdy of the Month
So happy they were adopted together. And yes, Miss Luv Bug is a dedicated, full-blown anting enthusiast! :joyful: None of our other birds have done it. :shrug2:
Yes the rescue doesn't split bonded pairs. It is harder to find two birds a home. They were the most friendly, fun girls. When I was new, they helped build my confidence with the big birds.

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I just can't fathom how she manages to squeeze her little feathered bottom into that bowl! Lol!

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
There's a reason we call her Bowl-gita. Like a cat, if she fits, she sits!
20190128_132400.jpg
Okay, so this one isn't a bowl; it's a box of toy parts. She's tossing out the larger ones & anting the beads which thankfully fall back into the box.

20210507_143306.jpg
20200319_144452.jpg
Sometimes instead of anting she makes bird-tea and flies around the house bathing in and steeping her feet in most of the waterbowls. :rolleyes:

20210807_094451.jpg 20211120_135706.jpg 0506182343_HDR-1-1.jpg
What if her bowls are in the dishwasher you ask? She makes due without! Any cupped surface will do. If she can hold on or recline she can still ant to the fullest! :cantwait:

Last edited:

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
So cute :D

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
The goffins girls like to supervise us while we're in the kitchen. Since the fridge is now off-limits to the seal-chewing Stink Bug, we open the doors of one of the cabinets for them to perch on instead. It didn't take them long to start nibbling at the wood, so now I tear a slit in a piece of cardboard and slip it over the the lower hinge of the next cupboard up. They'll happily shred away while I make dinner. ;)

Synchronized Shredding!
20220605_093312.jpg
And Luv Bug is kind enough to let me know when her side has run out by moving on to my poor calendar. :rolleyes:

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Currently at our house...
20220605_165718.jpg

We're currently trying out Buzz's old cage for one of the girls. Bug likes the bigger bowls. :xflove: