• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I Also Have Cockatoos and Don't Post Enough Photos

WillowQ

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
She sticks bits of just about anything and everything in those feathers of hers, just like some wild birds do with real ants.

@fashionfobie described it pretty well :)

I still call it anting because her motions look exactly like that to me & she doesn't do anything else that could be considered nesty. Either way, it's definitely playful! :heart:
I wonder if she would do that with real ants, or bits of herb or ash? I suppose it wouldn’t be helpful unless she had mites (likely not).

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
they kind of remind me of feathery cats
I can totally see it. Especially that last pic! :laugh:
I wonder if she would do that with real ants, or bits of herb or ash?
bits of herbs, ash, furniture... yes. But Miss Luv Bug would probably fall off her perch if she ever saw an ant crawling anywhere near her. Maybe if it were stationary? Though I feel her anting an actual ant would likely be unintentional on her part. :roflmao:

SumitaSinh

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I can totally see it. Especially that last pic! :laugh:
bits of herbs, ash, furniture... yes. But Miss Luv Bug would probably fall off her perch if she ever saw an ant crawling anywhere near her. Maybe if it were stationary? Though I feel her anting an actual ant would likely be unintentional on her part. :roflmao:
Is miss Luv Bug scared of ants??

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Is miss Luv Bug scared of ants??
Luckily we've not found out, but none of her toys, beads, etc move of their own volition, so I think she'd be surprised at the very least. :D

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
My Quaker was scared of flies and would wail if she saw one near her cage. Couldn’t be convinced that they were edible. She was a funny bird.