• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I’m sorry my angel

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
I'm very sorry for your loss.

Phenobarbital is sometimes used as a short-term sedative in humans.

Status epilepticus is when there are multiple seizures one after another without a break in-between, or one very long seizure. It can lead to severe neurological problems in the aftermath, if not death. Seizures are extremely taxing on the body for a human, let alone a bird body.

Again, I'm very sorry for your loss.

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so sorry to read about your Layla!

Priya12

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Priya
I am so very sorry for your loss. Losing our babies is never easy. I too have lost two in the last year. My first B&G Boo Boo, she passed of a heart attack literally three days after I rescued her. My fiance tried giving her mouth to mouth (beak?) and chest compressions all the way to the emergency vet. I had her wrapped in a warm blanket (she didn't have many feathers from her previous home) and when we got to the stop light right before the office she died in my arms staring at me. I lost it. I was not very nice to the women in the vet office (I apologized later) we have her ashes in our living room. They told me most likely Boo was a heart attack because she had been raised on a primarily seed / nut diet. Then a few months ago our very first feather baby Sprite passed away. She was a warrior though. She lived through more than she probably ever should have and she was older. But it never gets easier. She's right next to Boo now. You did everything you could. Please don't feel bad and know that your baby is right next to you always.
I’m sorry about boo boo , I’m the moment it felt like the right thing but then just so much what ifs and why the docter didn’t think about poisoning I didn’t even know it existed ,in the moment we were doing what we thought was best which was waiting till the exoctic animal doctor came in , I guess our babies weren’t meant to make it ,but there now together flying high ❤